Hi,

Great job with Nashorn, I really love it. However, based on the blog post
of
https://blogs.oracle.com/nashorn/nashorn-architecture-and-performance-improvements-in-the-upcoming-jdk-8u40-release
I would like to ask if there are any plans to natively support TypeScript
in the future.

The reason I'm asking is because I built a product that allows to do
TypeScript scripting for JVM. But currently I'm transpiling TypeScript down
to ES5 so Nashorn would be able to ingest it. For obvious performance gain
reasons it would be really cool if type information could be retained from
TypeScript side.

If you are interested how writing TypeScript currently looks like for JVM,
then you can visit the website: http://hyperionscripting.com/. Though it is
built for JIRA that is written in Java, then the same approach could be
applied for any JVM application.

Hoping to hear back,
Erko