Attention Shilpi & All friends
I attended the meeting as an interested independent indvidual -unattached to
any group persuasion of the right/ left/OBC/Dalits
            Opening discussions in an overcrowded contrived meeting room of
an old-abandoned colonial Kothi ,Dr VP Vaidik pointed out ,quoting Amitab of
B'wood, that inclusion of caste in census was a a retrograde/backward
measure.He blamed the British for opening the Pandora's Box of castes for
dividing the Indians who had come together in 1857.He also later praised the
British for abandoning caste enumeration in 1941 census! Arif Mohd Khan
conceded that caste system has been a serious problem & that  v shd think of
eradicating it in terms of reformist measures leading to strengthening of
nationalis'Former Amb JC Sharma referred to the positive effect
of disbanding of Caste /religion based regiments in Army of the British
time
               some speakers were uncomfortable with word
'hindustani'-wanted Bharati (interestingly preferred by Pakistanis too-who
feel the word Hindustan /India applied only to Undivided country!).Dr
Vaidic's slogan .'meri jaat hindustani' was adopted though one person had
seriously objected to word 'Jaati'  in any way bcz it has the most poisonous
connotation -original to only the Indian context
              The next next meeting of the Group has been fixed to take
place on 22nd May at Akhshar Theatre,Opp RML Hospital Gate no 5.I am taking
liberty of fw'ding the invitation  this gp separately.I won't be able to
attend.
Hope this New Hindustani Andolan wd keep this site informed abt it further
deliberations
                                                 Baal Anand
                                                 A-41,IFS Aparments,Mayur
vihar Ph-1,Delhi-91