dear achyut:
it would be useful to send right away, even before the public hearing
tomorrow, a letter to the Ministry of Env and Forests, and to the Expert
Appraisal Committee (Mining) alerting them that the public hearing to be
held tomorrow has not followed the procedure.

File RTIs to find out if the various offices that ought to display copies of
the EIA report, actually received the EIA reports, and if so the date of
receipt, and proof of receipt. (Inward register at the Tapal section, for
instance).

May also be worthwhile to send copies of the complaint letters to the Mr.
J.C. Kala, Acting Chair, National Environmental Appellate Authority. This is
merely to build the paperwork for any future legal challenge.
ciao, nity

--
Please note my new office address:
H31/39, Ashtalakshmi Gardens, Besant Nagar, Chennai 600 090