Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 01:42:24 +0530
Subject: Getting Rid of my Caste and Surname
From: national-forum-of-in...@ozg.in
To: national-forum-of-indi...@ozg.in; national-forum-of-indi...@ozg.in

Today I made a formal Affidavit before the Oath Commissioner in Meerut whereby
I have declared that considering the overall adverse and undesirable effects of
Caste system in India, from today onwards, I shall be having no caste of mine.
Thus, in all administrative, official and social documents, records and
acceptances, wherever caste is needed,in my case  it shall be deemed to be "No
Caste" or "Caste-less". I have also removed the "Thakur" surname attached to my
name "Amitabh" so that henceforth I shall be called only "Amitabh" instead of
"Amitabh Thakur" in all  administrative, official and social documents, records
and acceptances. At the same time, I shall also be working in my own little way
towards the cause of a Caste-less society.How would my friends react to it?

Affidavit
I, hitherto Amitabh Thakur s/o Sri Tapeshwar Narayan Thakur, r/o 5/426, Viram
Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow (presently SP, Economic offences Wing, Meerut),
hereby solemnly affirm on oath-
1. That I was born on 16th June 1968 in Muzaffarpur, Bihar
2. That I was born in a Hindu "Bhumihar Brahman" family
3. That I was named "Amitabh Thakur" by my family members
4. That till now I have been known to the world around as "Amitabh Thakur"
belonging to "Bhumihar Brahman" caste
5. That after a deep and prolonged thinking,  I have come to the conclusion
that the Caste system in India is acting as a great burden for our
socio-political system and the situation is deteriorating by every day
6. That I have a firm conviction that Caste system is one factor that adversely
affects the progress of our Nation
7. That I feel that this caste system is playing a divisive role in our society
and is often being used for justifying even unjustifiable stands and actions
8. That this has made me acknowledge that the time has come when we need to
accept the teachings of people like Bhagwan Mahavir, Gautam Buddha, Sant Kabir
Das and many other great persons of this soil belonging to the modern era as
regards complete abolition of the Caste system
9.            That based on the abovementioned facts, the minimum that I think
I need to do is to get rid of this Caste system
10.          That hence from today onwards, I shall be having no caste of mine
11.          That in all administrative, official and social documents, records
and acceptances, wherever my caste is needed, it shall be deemed to be "No
Caste" or "Casteless"
12.          That accordingly hereby  I also remove the "Thakur" surname
attached to my name "Amitabh"
13.          That hence from today onwards, I shall be called only "Amitabh"
instead of "Amitabh Thakur" in all  administrative, official and social
documents, records and acceptances
14.          That I shall initiate the required and due processes for this once
having made this Affidavit
15.          That I am taking this decision in all my senses and having
thoroughly gone into the pros and cons of the action I am doing and its related
consequences.
16.          That I am taking this decision only as regards me and it shall not
have any effect on my wife Dr Nutan Thakur or my two children Tanaya Thakur or
Aditya Thakur, who are free to choose their own course of action about this
aspect

Hence, Help me God.

                                                                (Amitabh)

                                                                5/426, Viram
Khand,

                                                                Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow

--

This is an exclusive email sent to you for inviting your comments / opinion on
above mention issues at The National Forum of India.

Replying to this email will send an e-mail to 12,000+ members of The National
Forum of India. And, it will also appear (1) http://india-forum.ozg.in/ (2)
http://national-forum-of-india.ozg.in/

If you do not like to receive any further emails from The National Forum of
India then, please write to: national-forum-of-in...@ozg.in.

To post your articles, write-up, issues for public discussions, documentary
video and public event invitations at The National Forum of India (NFI), simply
Email it to: national-forum-of-in...@ozg.in