Crack of the Bat, Click of the Mouse. Taking someone
out to the ball game is great, but when you can't make
it to the park, Baseball Weekly is the next best thing to
being there! Sign up here!
http://click.topica.com/caaacQ2b1ddNBb2HgmNb/TopOffers
Help keep t r u t h o u t going with a donation!

We are squaring our budget for the week and need donations to balance. Thank you for your support, TO is growing and your support is making it happen.

Low Income Readers : If you are on a tight budget don't send money, you can help by forwarding TO stories to your friends.  It's easy, each page has an "e-mail this story" link.  That will help get the word out.

Our Donation page is fast, simple and secure. Just use this link - http://www.truthout.com/donations/

(t r u t h o u t, is a non-profit independent new source. Your contributions are completely Tax Deductible.)

Or if you prefer to donate by check :
Make payable to : truthout
767 South San Pedro St.
Los Angeles,
CA  90014
Phone : (213) 489-1971 -- Fax : (213) 489-2378

Thank you!

Marc Ash, Editor/Publisher - t r u t h o u t

-------

How and why we raise funds

Why -

t r u t h o u t  is supported by reader donations.  That funding provides the basic necessary support to facilitate the publication.  The money provides staff, equipment and facilitation expenses such as phone, site maintenance, travel, insurance etc.

How -

We send out 1 fund-raising letter per week on Wednesday.   By comparison during the course of a typical half hour commercial news broadcast 15-20 commercial messages are aired.  On average a TO staffer makes less than $2. per hour. Needless to say the commercial approach is quite a bit more lucrative.

--
There's a good reason why Reader's Digest has long been one

Clemency for Leonard Peltier. Sign the Petition.
http://petitiononline.com/Release/petition.html
This email was sent to: archive@jab.org