And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 21:54:52 +0100
>To: Leonard Peltier Defense Committee International Office <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>From: Celine - CSIA/LPSG-France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Paris, France, Feb 6th, 1999 + last update on the E.P.
>  resolution
>
>Hi, Leonard, Gina, Keith, Bobby and everybody at the LPDC office,
>
>Here the report of the February 6th action in Paris and the last news
about the developments concerning the European Parliament resolution. It
sounds good !!!!!!!!!!!!

>Sylvain
>
>--------------------------
>
>Paris - France
>Saturday, February 6th, 1999
>
>2:00 to 4:00 pm
>U.S. Embassy
>
>On February 6th, about 60 people gathered in front of the U.S. Embassy in
Paris demanding freedom for political prisoners Leonard Peltier and Mumia
Abu-Jamal. The demonstration was organized by the union CNT/AIT and the
Leonard Peltier Support Group - France. Members of Nitassinan CSIA/LPSG -
France, of the CNT/AIT, of the COSIMAPP (Mumia's Support Committee in
France), of the Anarchist Federation (FA), of the AADP (Americans Against
Death Penalty), etc, stayed, from 2pm to 4pm, under the rain, in front of
the main gate of the US Embassy, holding " Free Peltier ! " and " Save
Mumia ! " banners and posters. Corto Ravena, secretary for international
relations of the CNT/AIT spoke about the involvement of their union in
solidarity with Leonard and Mumia and all political prisoners fighting for
their social rights and against racism. Then the coordinator of the LPSG -
France spoke about Leonard's case and the mutual solidarity between the
campaigns to free Leonard and Mumia. The two statements written by Leonard
Peltier and by Mumia Abu-Jamal for February 6th were read to the people
attending. Then we urged everyone to go to the U.S. to attend the next
April 24th demonstration for Mumia in Philadelphia and the Leonard's
Conference next June in Kansas.

>The week prior this demonstration, the LPSG - France (along with the
organization KWIA) were lobbying the European Parliament (EP) to have a new
resolution on Leonard's case presented. The LPSG - France made and proposed
in coordination with the LPDC - Int'l Office, a draft resolution to several
EP members. Today (Monday 8th), I received the information from the
European Parliament that the resolution is registered and will be debated
next Thursday and presented to vote, next Friday. The resolution is on a
good way... Once again, I am calling the LPSGs in Europe to lobby the
Members of the European Parliament from their country before Wednesday to
inform them about Leonard's case, health situation and ask them to support
the resolution. You must contact them at the European Parliament office in
Strasbourg.