And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  PLEASE POST WIDELY
NORTHWEST LEONARD PELTIER SUPPORT NETWORK
TACOMA OFFICE
P.O. BOX 5464
TACOMA, WA 98415-0464 USA
e-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  FOUR DAYS OF SOLIDARITY FAXING FOR LEONARD PELTIER
                                 BEGINS TODAY!
           END THE TORTURE OF LEONARD PELTIER NOW!

  The Bureau Of Prisons (BOP) is being overwhemed with messages
over their refusal to allow Leonard to be treated at the Mayo Clinic. They
are also very aware of the Leonard Peltier Solidarity Fast/Hunger Strike
to end the torture of Leonard. They hope that this campaign will lose it's
intensity and fade away. We must show them that this campaign will,
not only never fade away until Leonard is at the Mayo Clinic, but that it
will keep growing and growing.
  For this reason we have called for FOUR DAYS OF SOLIDARITY
FAXING FOR LEONARD PELTIER, February 15 - 18. We know that
every one does not own a fax, but most copy shops and many other
places have fax machines. Please write a letter to Ms. Kathleen Hawk,
Director, Bureau Of Prisons and fax them to: (202) 514-6878. It is
suggested that in all messages to the BOP that you ask as many
questions as possible.
  Remember, the point of this campaign is not to harass the BOP, but
rather to petition the agency of the U.S. Government that has control
over the medical treatment of Leonard. We have the right to express our
concerns for Leonard's well being. PLEASE HELP US!
  The e-mail campaign will continue through the four days of faxing. This
is just another means to express our concern.
  Over the years the government has continuously harassed
Leonard in prison. Leonard is currently suffering from
complications of a previous maxilla-facial surgery at the
Springfield Medical Prison facility. In that surgery Leonard
almost died. Not only did that surgery not improve Leonard's
condition, it made it far worst. Leonard is now in continuous,
excruciating pain. He cannot open his mouth enough to bite
his food, nor can he even chew. Leonard, for very good
reasons, does not want to go back to Springfield. The
renowned maxilla-facial surgeon Doctor Keller of the Mayo
Clinic has written to the prison telling them that he is willing
the treat Leonard. But so far, the federal Bureau Of Prisons
(BOP) has refused to let Leonard be treated. If the
government, for political reasons, causes and allows a
prisoner to suffer great pain, there is no other word for

that than torture.
  We are calling upon all people who believe in social
justice to help in the campaign to end the torture of
Leonard Peltier NOW! Please send e-mails to:
Ms. Kathleen Hawk, Director, Bureau Of Prisons
at:e-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED],
or write to her at: 320 First St.NW,
Washington, DC 20534, or fax: 202-514-6878, or
call: 202-307-3198 and ask that Leonard be allowed
treatment by Dr. Keller at the Mayo Clinic.

INTERNATIONAL LEONARD PELTIER SOLIDARITY
FAST/HUNGER STRIKE

  On February 6th, the INTERNATIONAL LEONARD
PELTIER SOLIDARITY FAST/HUNGER STRIKE
began. The purpose of this fast is to end the torture
of Leonard Peltier NOW!  Some people will be fasting in teams
and others will be fasting for longer times.  We plan to continue
this fast until the torture of Leonard ends. On each day of the
fast, different fasting people will be issuing statements calling
for the end of the torture. Starting on the first day of the fast,
we are asking that supporters daily send e-mail messages to:
Ms. Kathleen Hawk, Director, BOP at: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] asking that Leonard be sent to the Mayo
Clinic and thus end his torture. It make also be a good idea
to send copies of messages to elected or government officials
in your area.
  At this time there are over 72 fasters across the U.S., Canada,
France, Basque Country, Russia, Spain and South Africa
  Those who wish to be a part of this by either fasting or
getting the statements of the fasters, please contact the
NWLPSN at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

FOR MORE INFORMATION

  For more information on Leonard's case and what you
can do to help please contact: The Leonard Peltier
Defense Committee, P.O. Box 583, Lawrence,
KS 66044 USA. Phone number (785) 842-5774.
fax (785) 842-5796, e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (ask to be put
on the LPDC e-mail list) Web page:

http://members.xoom.com/freepeltier/index.html.

  We wish to thank everyone who has helped in this long
struggle and those who helped by reposting this message.
                                             In Solidarity
                                             Arthur J. Miller
                                             NWLPSN-Tacoma Office
.