And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>To: "Ish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>From: "PUBLIC RELATIONS DIVISION" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: CALL FOR BOYCOTT: LION'S CLUB LACKS INSIGHT
>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 99 12:42:25 PST
>

>Thank you for your e-mail expressing concern at the actions of the Erwin
Lions Club in
>raising money to oppose a Justice Department investigation, as we
understand it, of the use of sports teams names might be insulting to
Native Americans.  On the  surface, it does not appear to be a legitimate
use of Lions funds, and our Legal Division will be discussing this with the
club.  We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention.

>Patrick F. Cannon, Manager
>Public Relations and Production Division
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>***************************************
>----------
>> BACKGROUND: http://www.tdi.net/ISHGOODA/RACIAL/dojerwin.htm
>>
>> Irony in Sight
>>
>> the Lion's club International http://www10.lionsclubs.org/Lion/  famous for
>> their work in providing sight to so many individuals through their service
>> to communities has recently shown their own shortsightedness by ignoring
>> their own international standards of not entering into politics and
>> secondly, by supporting the instituted racism of mascots in the educational
>> system through fund raising.  The Lion's club local group in Asheville
>> North Carolina has issued a statement in support of the current local Erwin
>> High School mascots, Warriors and Squaws (which translates directly to the
>> English language as "cunts").
>>
>> Per the Lion's Club International introduction at their web page (below) I
>> would suggest they correct their own vision problems, before dealing with
>> those of others.
>>
>> (Lions are members of community service clubs, dedicated to the idea
that the
>> men and women who live in a community are in the best position to know who
>> needs help and why. More than 44,000 strong, these local clubs are part
of the
>> world's largest such organization, with 1.4 million members serving in more
>> than
>> 180 countries and areas. The association is both non-political and
>> non-sectarian.
>>
>> Lion's Club International provides the following contact information.
>> Please send e-mail advising them of this ironic situation.  Thank you.
>>
>> Executive Administrator's and Secretary and Treasurer's Offices
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> District and Club Administration Division
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Executive Services and International Activities and Program Development
>> Divisions
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Leadership Division
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Legal Division
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Lions Clubs International Foundation
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> President's Office
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Public Relations and Production Division
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:51:29 EST
>>
>> Hau Kola,
>>
>> It seems the local LIONS CLUB has committed to support the school board
in an
>> attempt to raise funds to fight the Dept. of Justice. For an agency that

>> supports eye sight they are really being blind in this issue,
>> PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOU CAN< BOYCOTT ALL LIONS CLUBS
FUNCTIONS