And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

----------
Date: Wednesday 17 February 1999 07:49:46
From: Harold Ironshield  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Mascots issue response

Thanks to the many responses recieved and keep up the e-mailing on this
issue to the UND student Newspaper.  Also, the Native Media Center at UND
would like copies of any information and e-mail messages or letters you
send to the Student Newspaper.  They want to use all information helpful
to their cause to the nickname change.  Their e-mail address is:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am sure that they will appreciate the support on this issue.  The Native
Media
Center is a journalism program for Native Students and they have a publication
printed quarterly and you can subscribe to it, so ask about their
publication and
keep in touch with the mascot issue.
  Also, the UND native students are dealing with a man who represents the
UND alumni Association as thier Executive Vice-President named Earl
Strinden.  Mr. Strinden, has lobbied extensively to keep the "Fighting
Sioux" nickname because he feels that it honors the Sioux people meaning
that the Sioux people are Graduates of UND.  We would like to lobby him
and convince him that there is no honor in this mascot.  Please e-mail him
and let him know how you feel about mascots.  Here is his address:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Again, the mascot issue will be debated in the house of the North dakota
state legislature tomorrow, thursday, Feb. 18, 1999.
If you wish to E-mail sponsors of the bill on the house side, the sponsor
is Rod Froelich here is his e-mail address:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and for the senate side Aaron Krauter and his e-mail address is
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now the bill introduced is urging the University of North Dakota to change
it's nickname and the sponsor are for the change and in support of the UND
native students.  Your e-mails should state that you support the bill HCR
3024.
If you wish to see the bill the address on the internet is:
        http://ranch.state.nd.us/LR/text/BILL_ACTION/BA3024.html

Again, thanks for you response and supporting our students here in Dakota
territory.

----end forwarded message----