And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>From BIGMTLIST

Here are some contact numbers, faxes, and addresses.  Some are repeats,
some may not be connected any longer, but for those who may not be
contactable by phone, at least you may have a shot at their fax or snail
mail.  The latest word I have is that the impoundments will take place on
Feb. 22.

Kevin Grover, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Indian Affairs
1849 C St. NW           (202) 208-7163
Washington DC 20240     (202) 208-6334 fax

Wayne Nordwall, Regional Director The Phoenix Regional Office of the BIA
Tel: (602) 379-4413 or  (602) 379-6605 or 379-6600
P.O. Box 10, Phoenix, AZ  85001(or 80701?)
fax: (602) 379-3886
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[the following Robert Caroline numbers came from different sources. I can't
explain why the different area codes]

Bob Caroline, BIA Hopi Agency, Natural Resources Manager, Tom Davis, Range
Conservation,
POB 10, Phoenix, AZ 85001
(602)379-6789

Robert Carolin, BIA     (602) 379-4511

Robert Caroline at Keams Canyon BIA (520) 738-2228 or
fax (520) 738-5522

BIA Hopi Agent Fred Chavez,
PO Box 158 Keams Canyon, AZ 86003
(520) 738-2225 ext 223
fax: (520) 738-2249
Mayor of Flagstaff AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF Office of Navajo and Hopi
Indian Relocaton,
CO City of Flagstaff,
211 W Aspen Ave,
Flagstaff, AZ 8600
(520) 779-7600

--------
Here's another you might try, from this message received:

Dear Bob: Last Friday I talked directly to ONE BIA man, Wendell Honani,
Hopi Agency, at 520-738-2225 (alternate number ends in -2249). It took a
long wait, but he did come to the phone finally. I tried to get him to
explain overgrazing problems and the need to register these scores of
sheep, etc, since I am very ignorant, being from near Boston, MA. It was
slow going, and I didn't get as far as asking why the white rangers have
better privileges --- I wish I had. I mostly remarked on the complete lack
of humanity in these impoundments and evictions, etc.
-------
Also there is another Big Mountain page, "Black Mesa Indigenous Support" at:

http://www.netmanor.com/unity/unity.html
subject header.  For non-list members receiving
this post as a forwarded message, you may subscribe
by emailing [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
"subscribe" in the subject header. For Big Mountain
and other activist internet resources, visit "The
Activist Page" at

http://www.theofficenet.com/~redorman/welcome.html
Also, for great internet tools please visit:

http://www.msw.com.au/cgi-bin/msw/entry?id=1271