And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

via DMKERR
In a message dated 7/26/1999 6:47:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Dear Friends,   THIS MORNING MNDOT STARTING CUTTING TREES IN MINNEHAHA
 PARK!    At 9AM this morning I received a phone call,about 100 Minneapolis
 Officers and State Troopers were called in to surround an area of the park
 where trees were being cut to build a bypass road for the construction of
 the new hwy.  I got there around 11:30 and there was about 100 peaceful
 activists there with more coming and going most of the afternoon. Around 9
 activists have been arrested, one of them being a 17 year old girl, who was
 injured when the police tackled her.  Also 2 Native American young women
 were arrested, one of them only 15 years old, because they believe in their
 right of religious freedom.  Although the encampment has not been raided or
 any trees removed from the area around the four sacred trees, we wonder how
 much longer we will be safe?. We need your help and prayers. How much
 longer will the four trees be safe? We need your help and prayers. How much
 longer until this religious persecution stops? We need your help and
 prayers. How much longer do we have to live being sick with fear for each
 other, the trees, the spring. We need your help and prayers.  We have been
 here for almost a year now and we will stay as long as it takes.  We all
 believe that somehow the trees will stand and the spring will be saved.  We
 need your help and prayers.  There is to be a rally tomorrow morning at
 7:00 am at the northwest corner of E Minnehaha Parkway and Hiawatha, please
 be there if you can.  We need you help and prayers. Pidamiya, Love Linda

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html