And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:36:54 -0700
From: James BlueWolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: book

Halito-Ish
             just want to tell someone that my first book of poetry,
"Sitting By His Bones", is finally in print.  Anyone you know that can
help a starving writer- please tell em.  My brother and I have a book
coming out in November, called "Grandpa Says".  High hopes for that
one.  Anyway hope things are going well with you. I'd post this on the
lists but I don't want to start an avalanche of sales pitches- so it's
gotta be word of mouth.

Chuckma-          james

     PS anyone who wants to order can send to:

"Sitting By His Bones"
Earthen Vessel Productions
971 Point Lakeview Rd # 3
Kelseyville, CA  95451
$12.95, Cal sales tax $1.00, 1-5 copies $5.00 shipping and handling.

  Here are a couple samples from the first book,
                                 "Sitting By His Bones"
                                Ist printing  May 1999
                                        copyright J. BlueWolf
                                      Earthen Vessel Productions

                                 We Don't Say Goodbye

                        Grandpa went to work the high steel
                           Told Grandma, "feed him Indin'
                              Meaning deer and frybread
                             Which she did for a few days
                       Until we got hungry for fried chicken
                                    And  hamburgers.
                         She'd bake a whole pie just for me
                               Watch me eat until I hurt
                             Then giggle at my moaning
                                  Making piggy sounds.
                                     I caught fireflies
                         She put 'em in a jar beside my bed
                              To remind me of the stars.
                                    We walked to ruins
                                  played on broken walls
                                    She brought apples
                        Showed me how to get the sticky off
                         rubbing my hands in the red earth.
                      We watched a neighbor killing starlings
                        She shook her head and turned away
                    Later she laughed at the way Tonto spoke
                                   To the Lone Ranger
                                But admired the horses.
                          When it was time for me to leave
                                  She walked me to bus
                                we stopped to skip stones
                                 and sniff honeysuckle.
                                 Her hands were strong
                        When we hugged -my back cracked.
                           She crooked a finger to my lips
                                "We don't say goodbye!"
                                       Forty years ...
                                         I still don't.

                                      And one more...

             The Day You Close My Eyes

           There is a mountain meadow green
             That waits for my return
               With pine and sage and crystal streams
                  Lined with feathery fern.
                    Thickets where the fat grouse lie
                      Trails where elk still run
                        Here is a place to spread my ash
                          When these tumbleweed days are done.
           There is a painted high plateau
             That waits for my return
                With prickly pear and pinion pine
                   Fresh cedar boughs to burn.
                     Arroyo beds with flashflood dreams
                       Chokecherries ripe and fine
                         Coyote howls at a million stars
                           And every one is mine.
           There is a cold and rocky shore
             That waits for my return
               With green kelp whips and white driftwood
                 New seagull chants to learn.
                   Spume and froth and shifting sand
                     Tides mate with a yielding beach
                       Far horizons melt in fog