And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: Connie Fogal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:      NanooseDecision 2:00pmSept21

The Human Rights Institute of Canada, Archbishop Lazar Puhalo of the Ukrainian
Orthodox Archdiocese of Canada, Citizens Concerned About Free Trade, Rose-Marie
Larsson, Defence of Canadian Liberty Committee, and Constance Fogal were in B.C.
Supreme Court September 17,1999  to ask for an order setting aside the transfer of the
Nanoose Bay lands from BC to the federal government.

The B.C.Supreme Court hands down its decision Tuesday Sept 21,1999 whether it will
overturn the Nanoose Bay land transfer from BC to the Federal government pending a
full hearing on the legality of the expropriation.

The federal government formally took possession of the land today, Friday September
17,1999. It did  so by order in council made September 14,1999 by which the government
reduced the number of days the federal crown is supposed to wait before taking
possession of the base from 90 days to 1 day.

So what is the big hurry? What great defence need exists that propels our federal
government ahead so fast? Is there a promised deal  already made between our executive
branch of government and the United States that overrides the duty our government has
to us, its citizens?

Once again it is not our elected representatives making these decisions that run
roughshod over us. Our Parliament is not even sitting.It is only the Prime Minister,
his cabinet  and a small number of bureaucrats directing the lawyers acting for them
using the taxpayers money to oppose the Citizens.

The main argument of the federal government lawyers on behalf of the government is
that we, the citizens, have no right to ask the court for protection. (The Standing
issue.). But, they say,  even if we do, it is too late because the feds have already
done the deed by chopping their required waiting time from 90 days to 1 day. (The
mootness issue). You see, the Rule of Law does not apply, apparently, to the feds.

Tune in sometime after September 21 to find out whether the BCSC has the will to find
in the interest of the citizens.

If you can get there , it is important that you be there.

2:00 p.m Tuesday September 21,1999
  800 Smythe St Vancouver BC.
Courtroom to be assigned on September 21.

(We were moved five times today before they finally found a courtroom big enough to
accommodate  us for the hearing of our application.)

Remember, the struggle continues past September 21,1999. Our show of growing strength
is very important for all of us. It makes a difference. These bureaucrats in the
executive arm of government who advise and direct government make their living by
virtue of paycheques from our tax dollars. Similarly,  the few  decision makers who
are elected receive their paycheques from our tax dollars. It does not hurt for us to
remind them of that. Canada has not become East Timor, yet.

Quizz of the day: What issue did the press gives most coverage?
Medical research on the size of infant penises? Or citizens in court to get back their
sovereignty?

Connie Fogal

DEFENCE of CANADIAN LIBERTY COMMITTEE/LE COMITÉ de la LIBERTÉ CANADIENNE
C/0 CONSTANCE FOGAL LAW OFFICE, #401 -207 West Hastings St., Vancouver, B.C. V6B1H7
Tel: (604)687-0588; fax: (604) 872 -1504 or (604) 688-0550;cellular(604) 202 7334;
  E-MAIL    [EMAIL PROTECTED]; www.canadianliberty.bc.ca

“The constitution of Canada does not belong either to Parliament, or to the
Legislatures; it belongs to the country and it is there that the citizens of the
country will find the protection of the rights to which they are entitled” Supreme
Court of Canada  A.G. of Nova Scotia and A.G. of Canada, S.C.R. 1951 pp 32