And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: Eric Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NAC Update

TUE - 9/28: Book-of-the-Month: "A Peoples Ecology":
Tewa author and University of New Mexico professor Greg Cajete of Santa
Clara Pueblo explores sustainable living from a Native perspective through a
collection of well-written modern essays.

WED - 9/29: Losing the Drug War:
America has poured billions of dollars into what some say is a losing war on
drugs. Should we continue to throw money at a drug program that has gone up
in smoke? What are the alternatives? Guests include New Mexico Governor Gary
Johnson.

THU - 9/30: Plastic Shamans:
Unfortunately, there are people out there that feel that all it takes to be
a medicine man is the ability to call yourself one. Some do it to make a
quick buck, while others just don't know any better. How should Native
America deal with these overnight "holy" men and the misinformation that
they spread?

FRI - 10/01: Traditional Food Gathering:
How do we explain the spiritual aspects of traditional food gathering?  For
Native people, traditional foods are an essential part of who we are and
extend beyond nutritional needs.  October 1st marks a milestone in Alaska
Native history as a decades-old battle over subsistence enters a new phase.
Join our host, Sharon McConnel, and her guests as they talk about the
spiritual significance of Native foods on the next "Wellness Edition" of
Native America Calling.

FRI - 10/08: Arthritis
According to the Arthritis Foundation, nearly 43-million Americans have
Arthritis…That's one in every six people.  People who suffer from arthritis
are limited in their everyday activities such as walking, dressing, and
bathing.  Join host, Sharon McConnell and her guests on the next "Wellness
Edition" of Native America Calling as they discuss arthritis among Native
Americans and its different forms of treatment.

FRI - 10/15: Raising Girls to Women in Indian Country
On this "Wellness Edition" we talk about raising our Native daughters to be
good women who can walk in both the traditional and western worlds. How do
we teach them to draw on their traditional Native life ways when faced with
contemporary challenges? Join host Sharon McConnell and her guests, on the
next "Wellness Edition" of Native America Calling as they talk about raising
our Native daughters to be strong women.

FRI - 10/22: Acknowledging Your Native Heritage
Even in this day and age, many Natives don't acknowledge their heritage.
Why is this?  Join Sharon McConnell, and her guests, on the next "Wellness
Edition" of Native America Calling as they explore the importance of being
proud of who you are.

FRI - 10/29: Dial-a-Doc
Our two doctors in radio-residency return to answer your questions about
health and prescriptions.  Doctors David Baines and Tom Nighswander will
also discuss with host Sharon McConnell about the latest medical
developments featured in the national media.  So prepare your health
questions for another "radio house call" on the next "Wellness Edition" of
Native America Calling.
Eric Martin
American Indian Radio On Satellite Director of Distribution
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
402.472.3287

Coming this fall
from the National Museum of the American Indian:

Coyote Bites Back: Indian Humor

Memory and Imagination: The Legacy of Maidu Indian Artist Frank Day