And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- Pat Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.yankton.net/stories/101499/new_1014990008.html
FBI Agents Denied Meeting In Case Of Many Horses Death

SIOUX FALLS (AP) -- A committee seeking answers in the death of Robert ''Boo'' Many
Horses of Mobridge says it won't meet with FBI officials looking into the case.

The Justice for Boo Committee says the FBI has wrongly limited the scope of its
investigation.

''The feds are only investigating the four defendants,'' said committee member Mark
White Bull. ''They aren't looking at how law enforcement has mishandled the case. As
far as we're concerned, they have no credibility.''

Meanwhile, he said, the American Indian Movement is ready to mobilize to Mobridge.

''AIM is on alert,'' White Bull said. ''Everyone is waiting to see what happens with
the FBI investigation.''

The body of Many Horses, 22, was found stuffed headfirst into a garbage can in
Mobridge on June 30. An autopsy concluded he had died of alcohol poisoning, and a
judge dismissed charges against four teen-agers accused of leaving him there.

The FBI said it would look into the case to see whether Many Horses' civil rights had
been violated.

Agents are investigating the four teens, said David Heller, senior supervisory
resident agent for the FBI.

''Agents are still gathering information so that we can give a complete package of
information to Washington, D.C., to see if there have been any violations of federal
law,'' Heller said.

White Bull also says FBI agents are investigating committee members and people who
helped the committee look into the case.

''We will only talk to the feds if we have an attorney present,'' White Bull said.
''They have intimidated some of our members.''

Heller says no committee members are under federal investigation.

''Why, or for what purpose would we investigate them? I welcome the opportunity just
to meet with them and open a dialogue. We want to know their problems so that we can
work for solutions.'