Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

forward by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Andrew Bacelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Rabble Rousers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC:
Subject: Interview w/Seattle MD
Date: 04 Dec 1999 00:31:55 PST

Interview with Seattle MD:

"This is the beginning of a police state" (posted on www.emperors-clothes.com at 1 am
12-4-99)

My name is Richard DeAndrea. I'm a medical doctor. What I saw up here was martial law.
This turned into a police state. Everything you have seen on television regarding
local news broadcasts including national public radio was a blackout. The police were
using concussion grenades. They were shooting tear gas canisters directly at
protesters' faces. They were using so- called rubber bullets. These are actually hard
plastic. Some of the damage I saw: these plastic bullets took off part of one person's
jaw, smashed teeth in other people's mouths. I saw the police arrest people who had
their hands up in the air screaming we are peacefully protesting. The amount of
looting that took place was so minimal I don't even know where they got the footage
from. I am saying this beyond a shadow of a doubt. This is a definite sign that
America is heading towards a police state unless people start standing up for their
rights as individuals. I am actually shocked and ashamed. I am ashamed of !
!
!
!
the
police force, I am ashamed of the mayor I am ashamed of Bill Clinton. I am ashamed of
the whole thing.

Jared: These rubber bullets - what are they?

Dr. DeAndrea: They are made of polyester type material. They are like a hard plastic
toy. The idea is to hit your body, do damage, not actually penetrate. But I did see
penetration wounds, I did see people bleeding. I did see teeth loss, I did see broken
bones. There were children present, there were families present, they were firing upon
families, mothers, grandmothers,. They were just firing at them. They came out in full
police force. They brought out swat teams, they had the national guard up here, there
was CIA surrounding the delegates' buildings. It was very obvious that there was an
institutional control that had no regard of human rights whatever.

In addition we have video footage of protesters being taken away as well as human
rights being violated. Prisoners were taken and they were tortured. There is a case, I
believe his name is Holm, Keith Holm. He was tortured because he would not give his
name. They handcuffed, laid him on the floor, they smashed his face against the
concrete, they grabbed his hair, they ripped out a lock of hair. and then placed
pencils between his fingers and pressed on them until he would give his name. He
refused. They were also banging his head against metal objects. He was actually the
first protester released because the Internal Affairs came in to do an investigation
and they wanted him gone because he would be able to give testimony.

We're treating people in a studio loft downtown. I just treated an ear wound. People
have been treated for concussion injuries. There have been people who have been
treated for plastic bullet wounds. Lots of tear gas injuries, lots of damage to
cornea, lots of damage to the eyes and skins. They were using a pepper spray, a tear
gas and they were also using some sort of nerve gas. We had reports of many
demonstrators winding up with seizures the next day. It causes muscles to clamp up,
muscle contraction, seizures.

They have done several illegal things regarding these people in jail. They have been
telling them that they would not be let out, not have their bail set if they didn't
give their names. Its their legal right not to give their name. They don't have to
speak at all. Attorneys came up and said we are representing these people. The police
called the attorneys liars. At this point they have still refused to let any of them
see their clients. There are close to 600 people who were arrested and they have been
holding them for two days on charges that are mostly misdemeanors, such as refusal to
disperse. A lot of people in there have not gotten medical attention either. I have
gotten calls from young ladies in there who have had all sorts of emotional problems
as well as physical problems. They have called me for medical attention from inside
the jail. There are people still sitting in there who have not even been processed.

Today there were fewer attacks by police, but they did arrest more people. And there
was no violence today by the marchers and all through the day yesterday it was the
same. What you are seeing on television about looting and anarchistic protesters -
there's astraight-out blackout and they are basically pushing that [line]. There is
not much damage to property here. There are not many windows that have been damaged or
stores that have been looted. Those are extremely rare cases.

I used to believe newspapers were telling the truth. But now I am no longer behind
that. This is the beginning of a police state. You can quote me on that.

***

If you would like to browse articles from Emperors-Clothes.com, click here Or go to:
http://www.emperors-clothes.com

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html doctrine
of international copyright law.
           Tsonkwadiyonrat (We are ONE Spirit)