Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 5:57 PM
Subject: URGENT-INDIAN INMATES REQUEST HELP

12-11-99
Dear Friends and supporters of Human Rights;
    I have received an appeal from  Indian prisoners in the Virginia prison
system.  Effective November 15.1999 The fascists prison system of
Virginia has put into effect procedure 864 which in effect calls for the
hacking off of the hair of all Native American Prisoners.  The following
is an excerpt from Va. Department Of Corrections Notice to prisoners dated
11-15-99 Re: Procedure 864
"You are hereby notified that failure to comply by December 15 will result in
the loss of all privileges, including visitation, commissary and
telephone calls, and you may be charged with a disciplinary infraction, in
accordance with DOP 861 and be assigned special housing until you come into
compliance."  No doubt the reference to "special housing" is
the hole, a means of sensory depravation outlawed in most civilized nations,
and condemned by virtually all human rights organizations.
   What we are witnessing is the continuance of the program of State sponsored
genocide designed to eliminate our people.  Undoubtedly since
this is taking place in Virginia, one can only assume THE FBI has a hand
in perpetuating the American holocaust.  We must act now before the
hacking of our brothers sacred hair begins this Wednesday.  Below is a
list of  e address to write, to express your outrage and demand religious
freedom of expression as granted to all other inmates.  Do you get sick of
hearing people say "it's terrible what they did to the Indians" ? Tell them
its still going on all over this land.  Please act now.  Megwich
Matt Sherman Madaje Moniga
                                     Prison Liaison/National Field Office
                                      AMERICAN INDIAN MOVEMENT
Gov. Jim Gilmore   [EMAIL PROTECTED]         ph 804-786-2211

Virginia Dept. of Correction  pH 804-674-3119

Sen. John Warner [EMAIL PROTECTED]/~warner   804-771-2579

The Richmond Times Dispatch  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
reporters   [EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

MAKE YOU VOICE HEARD.   Thanks to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  for help.