Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

Provided by MaryM..thanks!

Good Morning,

There are six articles of interest in today's Lincoln Journal Star:

Native voices resonate in literature
BY JODI RAVE LEE Lincoln Journal Star
http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/stox   (entire story at this Link)
PHOTOS

"Writing for children freed me to write from the heart"
  http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/sto1

Land-based writer
http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/sto3

For professor, "only the writing matters'
  http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/sto5

2nd novel reflects changes in author
http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/sto7

Writer's appeal goes beyond Native Americans
  http://www.journalstar.com/stories/top/sto8

Their stories survived, without paper, for thousands of years.

Until the last century, indigenous people generally relied on oral tradition
to keep generations connected, rarely translating their native tongue into
European languages, rarely recording their thoughts in ink.

"Before, it was only white people writing books," said Francis Geffard, an
editor at a major French publishing house specializing in literature of the
American West. "That has all changed now." And nowhere is the change more
evident than in the bursting international prominence of contemporary
American Indian writers. If N. Scott Momaday's 1969 Pulitzer Prize for "House
Made of Dawn" punched a hole in the mainstream literary world, a new
generation of writers is tearing it wide open.

"Ten years ago you might have heard of Louise Erdrich or Scott Momaday or
Leslie Marmon Silko," said Jason Tetzloff, assistant history professor at
Ohio's Defiance College.  <SNIP>

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html doctrine
of international copyright law.
           Tsonkwadiyonrat (We are ONE Spirit)