Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

From: "Robert Quiver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Monsanto going after H2O
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:05:07 PST

Monsanto should be of concern to the Great Sioux Nation...
Am speculating that Monsanto deeply has something to do with the legislation of land
theft from the Oglala Lakota, via: Mitigation Act or CRST, LBST, and State of SD
Wildlife Habitat Restoration Act of 1998. (see: http://www.fireonprairie.org,
http://www.dickshovel.com/island.html)

Monsanto is a $$ contributor to the SD state univ research group: Dakota Lakes
research farm <http://www.dakotalakes.com> of Pierre SD. Pierre SD is along the
Missouri River, which by 1868 Ft. Laramie Treaty belongs to the Great Sioux Nation
boundaries.

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Monsanto going after H2O
>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:48:10 -0800
>
><http://www.afd-online.org/wto/monsanto-monopoly-seeds2water.htm>
>
>MONSANTO'S EXPANDING MONOPOLIES FROM SEED TO WATER
>by Dr. Vandana Shiva
>

>ZNet article Fri, Jul 30, 1999
>
>Over the past few years, Monsanto, a chemical company, has positioned itself
>as an agricultural company through control over seed the first link in the
>food chain. Monsanto now wants to control water, the very basis of life....
>Thus, the crisis of pollution and depletion of water resources is
>viewed by Monsanto as a business opportunity.
>
>For Monsanto "Sustainable Development" means the conversion of an ecological
>crisis into a market of scarce resources. "The business logic of sustainable
>development is that population growth and economic development will apply
>increasing pressure on natural resource markets. These pressures and the
>world's desire to prevent the consequences of these pressures if unabated,
>will create vast economic opportunity. When we look at the world through the
>lens of sustainability we are in a position to see current and foresee
>impending resource market trends and imbalances that create market needs. We
>have further focussed this lens on the resource market of water and land.
>These are the markets that are most relevant to us as a life sciences company
>committed to delivering "food, health and hope" to the world, and there are
>markets in which there are predictable sustainability challenges and therefore
>opportunities to create business value."

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html doctrine
of international copyright law.
           Tsonkwadiyonrat (We are ONE Spirit)
                   http://www.tdi.net/ishgooda/