Bernd Eidenschink schrieb:
Hi friends,

"and now to something completely different: the larch"... ;-)

Some of you might know:
http://www.zdziarski.com/projects/mod_evasive/

i have implented something similar (xotcl-request monitor) which you can get from the oacs cvs (still, xotcl style license). a filter redirects all requests to a monitoring thread that decides whether a request should be blocked/throttled/whatever and which
keeps various statistics. It deals as well with repeated requests.
The key components are not dependent on oacs. We use this since a couple of
years on our productive systems, it helped us a lot...

greetings
-gustaf