Let me point out another nice feature of git:
git provides server-support to behave to clients like a
cvs and/or svn server. This means, one can access the git
repository from cvs or svn (or git) clients. Not sure
if this is an issue, but a user who does not want to
learn new commands can contiune to use the CVS interface.

I personally like git for its speed and simplicity to setup and
usage. Git has certain ideosyncharies (e.g. does not like
empty directories), and the downside is that if the full
feature set of a more distributed scm is used, things become
quite complex, at least for a casual user.

just my 2cent

-gustaf