Here is some background, what's good about s6-overlay:
https://kreuzwerker.de/post/managing-multi-process-applications-in-containers-using-s6

In short: it is sufficiently simple to use and has a couple of useful utilities...

-g

On 31.03.23 14:23, Maksym Zinchenko wrote:
Hello, I'm using Docker Naviserver in production, but it's not a big one. I can recommend it. In my case I'm using only Naviserver, not OpenACS. I have some images on docker hub under siqsuruq/naviserver, it's not official, but they work for me. They are based on a custom ubuntu image I made with Tcl. They are kinda big, about 300 mb but it works for me. About S6 and non S6, difference is only on type of init system used in the image, but i'm not pro at this question. The S6 version of Docker images uses an init system called s6-overlay, the non-S6 version of Docker images typically use a different init system, such as Systemd or SysVinit. In my case I'm using Postgres only, at host not in a Docker container. it looks like its working faster this way. So, in general, you can use a Docker container with Naviserver without any problem.

Maksym