From: Nancy <o1_...@yahoo.com>
To: Navision-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 6:38:45 AM
Subject: [Navision-Knowledge-Village] Error "reservation entry doesn't exist"
NAV4.00 SP3

Dear All,

I'm facing a problem on my customer's database (Nav 4.00 SP3) that it
come with this error when they are trying to post whse. shipment: "The
Reservation Entry does not exist. Identification field and value:
Entry No. = 'xxx'. Positive = 'Yes'.". Both the item and customer are
set to be 'Optional' Reserve and the item's order tracking policy is
tracking only. Plus, there is no item tracking functionality at all
(lot no or serializing). I've filtered all the reservation entry of
this item and analyze it. I've found a conclusion that there should
not be this entry on reservation table. That's why I've tried to
delete the entry, then post the whse. shipment. There is no error
occur and the shipment posted successfully. Otherwise, I can not
replicate this issue :( .

Since this is a risk solution to be done, I need another suggestion to
solve this case. These are the detail of the entry:
Positive: No
Quantity Base: -96
Reservation status: Tracking
Creation Date: Jan 10, 2009
Source Type: 32
Source Subtype: 0
Source Ref. No: item ledger entry no. --> open entry with purchase type
Expected Receipt Date: Jan 10, 2009
Shipment Date: Dec 31, 9999

Based on the detail above, I think that there is incorrect/strange value:
1. if the reservation status is tracking, there should be two entries
with the same entry no. One is positive = No and the other is Yes.
But, on this case, I've found one entry only.
2. Shipment Date: Dec 31, 9999 --> :?:
Beside that, there should not be this record on the reservation entry
like I've mentioned previously. Because there will be a different with
the remaining qty on purchase entry.

My question are: Why does the system acts like this? Is it a bug? Is
it right to delete the reservation entries? Please your help.. Thank
you so much.

Kind regards,
Nancy Ole - Indonesia