From: Maharaja g <maharaja...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Navision-Knowledge-Village] Performance issue of Item tracking -NAV
2009
To: Navision-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 18 May, 2009, 12:31 PM

Hi All,

WE have implemenented Nav 2009 classic client with a client of ours.We have
used serial number tracking for items and we have used Native db.

We are using Item serial number tracking for items (Only serial number
tracking).We use a barcode reader for scanning the item serial number.We use
the option Create Customized serial and keep focus on Customized serial number
and scan the serial number .then we increment the serial number by 1 in the
increment field.We tested with 40000 qty only and it took nearly half a day to
process and save in item tracking and posting the PO .

Another issue is that the Db size is increasing heavily whe we post using
serial nos.

has anyone faced this prob and any ideas to resolve are welcome.

Maharaja