"SEND THE SPIRIT NOW, FOR JESUS CHRIST'S SAKE"

Evan Roberts' Four Principles for Personal Revival
(Evan Roberts was a prominent  Welsh Revivalist in the early 1900's)
1) You must obtain full and complete pardon for the sins of the past.
If the past is not right, it must be made so now. Every sin you know of, confess it before God.

2) Is there anything doubtful in your life?
If so it must be removed and done away with. Is there a habit of doubtful character in your life? If there is, away with it !! If there is, there can be no joy in your heart until you remove the doubtful pleasures and practices. Self denial is one of the basic tenets of the religion of Christ.

3) Complete and immediate obedience to the Holy Spirit. It is not "something" that prompts me to pray, it is "Some-One", that is, the Holy Spirit. Whatsoever He says to you, Do it !! The world may laugh, but He doesn't. You may not be here long. Bow to Him now. Don't say "Hush !!" when someone else breaks into prayer. Resist not the Spirit.

4) A public and personal confession of Christ. How long will it take you to make a confession of Christ? Stand up now! Do not look around to see who may be criticising you. Out with the confession !!

These are the four things leading to the "Grand Blessing".

(2 Chr 7:13-14 KJV)
 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain,
or if I command the locusts to devour the land,
 or if I send pestilence among my people;
{14} If my people, which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven,
 and will forgive their sin,
 and will heal their land.

(1 John 1:8-9 KJV)
 If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
 {9} If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psa 51:1b-17 KJV
 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness:
according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
 (2) Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
 (3) For I acknowledge my transgressions:
and my sin is ever before me.
 (4) Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight:
 that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest,
and be clear when thou judgest.

(5) Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
(6) Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts:
and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
(7) Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
(8) Make me to hear joy and gladness;
that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
(9) Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

 (10) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
(11) Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy Holy Spirit from me.
(12) Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.

(13) Then will I teach transgressors thy ways;
and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
(14) Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation:
and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
(15) O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
 (16) For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it:
thou delightest not in burnt offering.

(17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
 a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Rom 6:1-18 KJV
What shall we say then?
Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
(2) God forbid.
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
(3) Know ye not, that as many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ
were baptized into his death?
(4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:
that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father,
 even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 (5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

(6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him,
 that the body of sin might be destroyed,
that henceforth we should not serve sin.
(7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
 (8) Now if we be dead with Christ,
we believe that we shall also live with him:
(9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over him.
(10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once:
but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

(11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
 but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 (12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,
 that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 (13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
 but yield yourselves unto God,
as those that are alive from the dead,
and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
 (14) For sin shall not have dominion over you:
 for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

(15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?
God forbid.
(16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
 whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
(17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,
but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
 (18) Being then made free from sin,
 ye became the servants of righteousness.

2Pe 1:3-11 KJV
According as his divine power
hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue;
and to virtue knowledge; (6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; (7) And to godliness brotherly kindness;
and to brotherly kindness charity.
 (8) For if these things be in you, and abound,
 they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful
in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off,
and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
(11) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly
into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

(Mat 28:18-20 KJV)
 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
 All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
{19} Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
 baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 {20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There"

View back-issues of Devotionals by joining this group
to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject to
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony Church of god
Nazerene

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS