Submission to Christ
Exerpts from a study* by Major Ian Thomas

Jesus said of Himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing" (John 5:19),
and of you He says in (John 15:5), "without Me you can do nothing."

Major Ian Thomas reminds us of the great application of this truth. "How much can you accomplish without Him? Nothing." Everything apart from Christ profits nothing.

(John 6:63).
 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing;
the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life"

How tragic the thought, but we can spend a whole lifetime serving God and doing nothing. That is frightening. Why? Because we did it in our own flesh and not in submission to Him.

(John 14:12).
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me,
the works that I do, he will do also;
and greater works than these he will do;
because I go to the Father"

"The life which you possess as a born again Christian is of Him, and it is to Him, and every moment that you are here on earth, it must be through Him––of Him, through Him, to Him, all things!"

"The Lord Jesus Christ claims the use of your body, your whole being, your complete personality, so that as you give yourself to Him through the eternal Holy Spirit, He may give Himself to you through the eternal Holy Spirit, that all your activity as a human being on earth may be His activity in and through you; that every step you take, every word you speak, everything you do, everything you are, may be an _expression_ of the Son of God, in you as man."

 (Philippians 1:21).
"For to me to live is Christ"

(Romans 6:11)
 ...so reckon yourself to be dead to all that you are apart from what He is,
and alive unto God only
in all that you are because of what He is.

"When the world looked at Jesus Christ, they saw God! They heard Him speak and they saw Him act.
(John 20:21)
Jesus said, 'as My Father has sent me, even so send I you'

The world again will hear God speak and see God act!" He does it in and through you!
Make yourself available unreservedly to Christ and let Him live His life in and through you to His glory.

John 14:12–15 Amplified Bible:
I assure you, most solemnly I tell you,
if any one steadfastly believes in Me,
he will himself be able to do the things that I do;
and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.
 And I Myself will grant and do––whatever you may ask in My name
[presenting all that I AM]
so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in and [through] the Son.
[Yes] I will grant and will do for you--whatever you shall ask in My name
[presenting all that I AM].
If you [really] love Me you will keep and (obey) My commands.

*(Exerpts from The Saving Life of Christ, by Ian Thomas, p. 151).

Col 1:26-28 KJV
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to his saints:
(27) To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
 (28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:6-23 KJV
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him,
that the body of sin might be destroyed,
that henceforth we should not serve sin.
(7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

(8) Now if we be dead with Christ,
we believe that we shall also live with him:
(9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over him.
(10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once:
but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

(11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
 but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,
that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
(13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God,
as those that are alive from the dead,
and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

(14) For sin shall not have dominion over you:
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
 (15) What then? shall we sin,
 because we are not under the law, but under grace?
God forbid.
(16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
 his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
 (17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,
but ye have obeyed from the heart
that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
(18) Being then made free from sin,
ye became the servants of righteousness.

(19) I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:
for as ye have yielded your members servants
to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity;
even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
 (20) For when ye were the servants of sin,
ye were free from righteousness.
 (21) What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed?
for the end of those things is death.
(22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God,
 ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
(23) For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There"

View back-issues of Devotionals by joining this group
to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject to
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS