O God, who is like unto Thee!

John 17:3 (KJV)
 And this is life eternal,
that they might know thee the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(Exo 15:11 KJV)
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?
 who is like thee,
glorious in holiness,
fearful in praises,
doing wonders?

GOD
The personal Creator worthy of human worship because of His holy nature and His perfect love revealed in creating the universe, electing and redeeming His people, and providing eternal salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.

God is unique in nature.
No person, object, or idea can be compared to God. Anything said about God must be based on His revelation of Himself to us. Anything said about God must be said in human terms, the only terms we have and understand. The reality of God is always much greater than human minds can understand or express.

(Psa 71:12-24 KJV)
O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.
{13} Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul;
let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt.

 {14} But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
{15} My mouth shall show forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day;
 for I know not the numbers thereof.

{16} I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD:
I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
 {17} O God, thou hast taught me from my youth:
and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
{18} Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not;
until I have showed thy strength unto this generation,
and thy power to every one that is to come.
{19} Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high,
who hast done great things:
 O God, who is like unto thee!
{20} Thou, which hast showed me great and sore troubles,
shalt quicken me again,
and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
 {21} Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
 {22} I will also praise thee with the psaltery,
even thy truth, O my God:
unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
 {23} My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee;
and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.
{24} My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long:
 for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt.

(Psa 113 KJV)
 Praise ye the LORD.
 Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
{2} Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
 {3} From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same
the Lord's name is to be praised.
{4} The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
{5} Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
{6} Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!
{7} He raiseth up the poor out of the dust,
and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
{8} That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.
{9} He maketh the barren woman to keep house,
and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

(Isa 57:15 KJV)
 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,
 whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place,
with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,
to revive the spirit of the humble,
and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

(Isa 6:1-5 KJV)
 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne,
high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
{2} Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings;
with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet,
and with twain he did fly.
 {3} And one cried unto another, and said,
 Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts:
the whole earth is full of his glory.
{4} And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried,
and the house was filled with smoke.
{5} Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone;
 because I am a man of unclean lips,
and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips:
 for mine eyes have seen the King,
the LORD of hosts.

(Psa 138 KJV)  A Psalm of David.
 I will praise thee with my whole heart:
before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
{2} I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:
 for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
 {3} In the day when I cried thou answeredst me,
and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
{4} All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD,
when they hear the words of thy mouth.
{5} Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD:
 for great is the glory of the LORD.

 {6} Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly:
but the proud he knoweth afar off.
{7} Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies,
and thy right hand shall save me.
 {8} The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:
 thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever:
 forsake not the works of thine own hands.

(1 Sam 2:1-3 KJV)
And Hannah prayed, and said,
 My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD:
my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies;
because I rejoice in thy salvation.
{2} There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee:
neither is there any rock like our God.
{3} Talk no more so exceeding proudly;
let not arrogancy come out of your mouth:
for the LORD is a God of knowledge,
 and by him actions are weighed.

(Psa 99:1-5 KJV)
The LORD reigneth;
let the people tremble:
he sitteth between the cherubims;
let the earth be moved.
{2} The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.
 {3} Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
{4} The king's strength also loveth judgment;
thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob.
 {5} Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool;
for he is holy.

(Luke 1:46-53 KJV)
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
{47} And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
{48} For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:
for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
{49} For he that is mighty hath done to me great things;
and holy is his name.
 {50} And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
{51} He hath showed strength with his arm;
he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
 {52} He hath put down the mighty from their seats,
and exalted them of low degree.
 {53} He hath filled the hungry with good things;
and the rich he hath sent empty away.

(Rev 3:7 KJV)
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
These things saith he that is holy, he that is true,
he that hath the key of David,
he that openeth, and no man shutteth;
 and shutteth, and no man openeth;

(Rev 4:8-11 KJV)
 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him;
and they were full of eyes within:
and they rest not day and night, saying,
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
{9} And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne,
who liveth for ever and ever,
{10} The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne,
and worship him that liveth for ever and ever,
and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
{11} Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:
for thou hast created all things,
and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

(Rev 15:1-4 KJV)
And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous,
seven angels having the seven last plagues;
 for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
{2} And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire:
and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark,
 and over the number of his name,
stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
{3} And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God,
and the song of the Lamb, saying,
Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty;
 just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
{4} Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name?
 for thou only art holy:
 for all nations shall come and worship before thee;
 for thy judgments are made manifest.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS