Temptation and the World

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)
{15} Love not the world,
neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world,
the love of the Father is not in him.
{16} For all that is in the world,
 the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,
is not of the Father, but is of the world.
 {17} And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:
 but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

"The World (Greek.=kosmos),
In the sense of the present world system, the ethically bad sense of the word refers to the order or arrangement under which Satan has organized the world of unbelieving mankind upon principles of force, greed, selfishness, ambition, and pleasure.

"This world system is imposing and powerful with military might; is often outwardly religious, scientific, cultured, and elegant; but, seething with national and commercial rivalries and ambitions, is upheld in any real crisis only by armed force, and is dominated by satanic principles."
(From The New Scofield Reference Bible ,Notes @ Rev 13:8)

2 Cor 4:3-5 (KJV)
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
{4} In whom the god of this world
hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel
of Christ, who is the image of God,
 should shine unto them.
{5} For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;
and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Mat 4:8-10 (KJV)
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain,
and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world,
and the glory of them;
 {9} And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee,
if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
 {10} Then saith Jesus unto him,
Get thee hence{Grk=sink out of sight} Satan:
 for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
 and him only shalt thou serve.

John 12:31-32 (KJV)
Now is the judgment of this world:
now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
{32} And I, if I be lifted up from the earth,
 will draw all men unto me.

Eph 2:1-10 (KJV)
And you hath he quickened{Grk=,re-animated,made alive},
who were dead in trespasses and sins:
{2} Wherein in time past ye walked
according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
{3} Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past
in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
{4} But God, who is rich in mercy,
for his great love wherewith he loved us,
{5} Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ,
 (by grace ye are saved;)
{6} And hath raised us up together,
and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
{7} That in the ages to come
 he might show the exceeding riches of his grace
in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
{8} For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
{9} Not of works, lest any man should boast.
{10} For we are his workmanship,
 created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
 which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 6:10-13 (KJV)
 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord,
and in the power of his might.
{11} Put on the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
{12} For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
{13} Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.

Col 1:12-14 (KJV)
 Giving thanks unto the Father,
which hath made us meet{Grk=qualified} to be partakers
of the inheritance of the saints in light:
{13} Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
 and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
{14} In whom we have redemption through his blood,
even the forgiveness of sins:

Col 1:19-23a (KJV)
 For it pleased the Father that in him{Christ} should all fulness dwell;
{20} And, having made peace through the blood of his cross,
 by him to reconcile all things unto himself;
 by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
{21} And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies
in your mind by wicked works,
yet now hath he reconciled
 {22} In the body of his flesh through death,
to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
 {23} If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled,
and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,
which ye have heard,
and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

James 1:2-4 (TLB)
Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations?
Then be happy,
{3} for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.
{4} So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems.
 For when your patience is finally in full bloom,
then you will be ready for anything,
strong in character, full and complete.

1 Cor 10:13 (TLB)
But remember this--the wrong desires that come into your life
 aren't anything new and different.
 Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you.
 And no temptation is irresistible.
You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong
that you can't stand up against it,
for He has promised this and will do what he says.
He will show you how to escape temptation's power
so that you can bear up patiently against it.

James 1:13-17 (TLB)
And remember, when someone wants to do wrong
it is never God who is tempting him,
for God never wants to do wrong
and never tempts anyone else to do it.
{14} Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes.
{15} These evil thoughts lead to evil actions
 and afterwards to the death penalty from God.
 {16} So don't be misled, dear brothers.
{17} But whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God,
the Creator of all light,
and he shines forever without change or shadow.

1 Pet 5:8-11 (TLB)
Be careful--watch out for attacks from Satan, your great enemy.
He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion,
looking for some victim to tear apart.
 {9} Stand firm when he attacks. Trust the Lord;
and remember that other Christians all around the world
 are going through these sufferings too.
{10} After you have suffered a little while,
 our God, who is full of kindness through Christ,
 will give you his eternal glory.
He personally will come and pick you up,
and set you firmly in place,
and make you stronger than ever.
 {11} To him be all power over all things, forever and ever. Amen.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony