HOW TO HAVE A DISCIPLESHIP CONFERENCE
USING "CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS"

Here is a Key Bible Verse which sums up the process of "discipleship":
2 Tim 2:2 (KJV)
 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses,
 the same commit thou to faithful men,
who shall be able to teach others also.

In the Great Commission, Jesus Christ gave the following instructions to us, His followers, so that we could perpetuate the Church to succeeding generations:

Mat 28:19-20 (KJV)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: {20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In the first part of v 19, the word "teach" in the Greek means, "to make pupils or students of" people from all nations. This is Jesus master plan for building and perpetuating His Church through the ages of time until the end of time. Each succcessive generation of Christians is given the task of passing the Gospel onto not only the people of their own generation, but also to their children and their children's generation, and so forth. This is the process of disciple-making, teaching them to observe all things that Jesus has commanded us to do.

Many years ago, I took a course from a Billy Graham Crusade called, "The Christian Life and Witness Course", which was used to train counsellors for the Billy Graham Crusades and Gospel movies. This course had a deep impact on my life as I studied for it and taught it to others. I studied for months and made copious notes and memorized a lot of scripture. Unfortunately, those notes were all lost and the Christian Life and Witness Course is no longer available. But the desire to reconstruct what I learned has guided me into preparing some of the devotionals which I share with my subscribers. These discipling devotionals form the initial studies which I send out to all new subscribers.

I have been asked by some to travel to various places and give a series of discipleship lectures. Due to my health, this is not possible. But I have assembled these discipling devotionals in a grouping by topic, which could be used by any Bible teacher as an outline for a discipleship conference or training course, with some serious prayer and commitment, and some serious students of the Word who intend to serve the Savior.

How to use them? The simplest way is to have the main speaker just read the devotional to the group, including the accompanying Bible verses, and he can add his comments as he goes along. The listeners are encouraged to take handwritten notes. Then, the listeners can be encouraged either to ask questions after the lecture, or break up the audience into smaller groups, 6 to 8 people per group, discuss the teachings, collect their questions, then re-assemble back to the large group and ask their questions of the speaker.

The practical outworking of this can be done any way the Lord leads you to do it. You can hand out a copy of each devotional to each audience member. You must make these copies yourselves, since I do not have the capability to do so. You can use the devotionals as an outline or read them verbatim. The most important part of the devotional is the Word of God which accompanies each study. These verses are prayerfully selected to go with the topic covered in the study, and are the authoritative part of what God wants us to know.

God Bless you as you prayerfully use God's Word to teach others about the Christian Life,

In Christ...brother bob...<><

Here are the groups of topics which each person who is serious about discipling others should study. I realize that there is a tremendous amount of material here, probably enough for 9 individual seminars, but you can pick and choose what studies you want to cover for your purposes. Send for email copies of those you want to use, and you must print them out yourself.  Request copies at [EMAIL PROTECTED], or go to the following YahooGroup and view them and print them from the "messages" section. Just click on this web address to go to the site:

1) Make sure that everyone in attendance is saved and understands the basics of salvation.
Devotionals to use:
The God Who Is Really There
Life's Most Important Choices
The Supreme Sacrifice
The Truth about Hell
Victory in the Christian Life (Assurance of Salvation)
Evolution is a Fairy-Tale for Grown-ups

2) Make sure that everyone understands the Ministry of the Holy Spirit
Devotionals to use:
My Heart Christ's Home
Christ in You The Hope of Glory
What Are Your Spiritual Gifts?
Spiritual Gifts Inventory and Assessment
Lifelong and Daily Commitment to the Lord
Fire Insurance or Eternal Security
3) Make sure that everyone understands the importance of prayer
Devotionals to use:
What is a Quiet Time?
We Never Talk Anymore
Basic Truths about Prayer
Pray About Everything All the Time
Intercessory Prayer

4) Make sure every Christian understands about dealing with sin in their Lives
Devotionals to use:
Advice to a New Christian
When God Seems Far Away
Our Daily Conflict- The Spirit vs the Flesh
Overcoming Lust
Life in God's Vineyard
Stand Fast in the Faith (Spiritual Warfare and Opposition)
Eternal Life or Eternal Wrath
Eternal Life as Taught by Jesus Christ
#5 Make Sure Everyone Understands about Daily Commitment and Guidance
Devotionals to Use:
Guidance from the Glory
Gathering up the Scraps
Dealing With Depression
Dealing with Guilt and Shame
Dealing with Tragedy and Trauma
Does Jesus Know You?

#6) Make sure everyone understands about the Bible
Devotionals to use:
Why Memorize Scripture?
#1-How to Study the Bible-God's Word
#2-Old Testament Overview
#3-New Testament Overview
#4-How to Interpret the Bible
#5a-Bible Study Tools
#5b-Using Strong's Concordance
#6-Bible Study Methods
Where to Look in the Bible
Christian Links, Sites and Books

#7)Make Sure Everyone Understands about Witnessing
Devotionals to Use:
A Closer Look at Witnessing
Intercessory Prayer
#8) Make Sure Everyone Understands How to Disciple Others
Devotionals to Use:
Disciple-ing Others
Ministering The Word of God to Others
#9) Make Sure Everyone Understands How to Start a New Group or Church
Devotionals to Use:
How to Find a Good Church
If You Can't Find a Good Church, Start One
Part 2- If You Can't Find a Good Church, Start One
What is a " House Church" or Home Bible Study Group?

God Bless you and your ministry for the Savior.
In Christ..brother bob...<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There"

View back-issues of Devotionals by joining this group
to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject to
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS