The Wicked Will Not Be Victorious

Psa 37:1-11 (KJV) A Psalm of David.
Fret not thyself (Heb=do not burn with displeasure) because of evildoers,
 neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
{2} For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
and wither as the green herb.

{3} Trust in the LORD, and do good;
 so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 {4} Delight thyself also in the LORD;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
{5} Commit thy way unto the LORD;
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 {6} And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
 {7} Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:

 fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
 because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
{8} Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
 fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
 {9} For evildoers shall be cut off:
but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
{10} For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be:
 yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place,
and it shall not be.
 {11} But the meek shall inherit the earth;
and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa 3:16-18 (KJV)
{16} O Lord, Make thy face to shine upon thy servant:
save me for thy mercies' sake.
 {17} Let me not be ashamed, O LORD;
for I have called upon thee:
let the wicked be ashamed,
and let them be silent in the grave.
{18} Let the lying lips be put to silence;
which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Dear Friends,

In these days of instant media reporting, and wars and terrorism on every hand, doesn't it get a bit wearisome to have to worry about all this evil ? Consider all the visible enemies of righteousness: atheists, corrupt politicians and lying media, scheming crooks, evolutionists, abortion and euthanasia promoters, drive-by shooters, gangs, rapists, thugs, terrorists and unjust judges...and the list could go on ad infinitum ad nauseum (that's Latin for, "it just keeps going on and on relentlessly until it just makes you sick !" ).

As one who pays attention to current events, eventually I have to just discipline myself to ignore all this evil, and turn my eyes upon Jesus, and His Glory, and forget all this mess. In these last weeks it seems I need to get a different perspective, one from God's point of view, of what this all means and who is doing it, Who is really in charge, and whether or not, in the final analysis, good or evil will prevail. Remember to read the end of the Bible...all evil is defeated, and Jesus Wins !

If you are not already on the winning side, there is still hope for you, if you will turn from your wicked ways and put your trust in Jesus Christ and all He has done for you on the Cross. If you are willing to do this, God will forgive your sins and make you a new person who is bound for Heaven. If you are not willing to do this, God considers you to be one of the "wicked", and your character and your future are described in the verses that follow.  And may God have mercy on your tortured soul.

In Christ..brother bob...<><

Who are the "Wicked" ?

According to "Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words", the "wicked" are "people who have done wrong, are still living in sin, and are intent on continuing their wrongdoing." They display the following characteristics:

The wicked does not seek God (Ps 10:4),
he abhors, blasphemes and despises God, and challenges His authority (Ps 10:13)
he loves violence (Ps 11:5)
he opposes the righteous (Ps 17:9)
he does not repay his debts (Ps 37:21)
he lays a snare to trap the righteous and cause him harm (Ps 199:110)

How does God Describe the Wicked in the Bible?

Psa 10:2-9 (KJV)
The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor:
let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
 {3} For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire,
and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
{4} The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God:
God is not in all his thoughts.

{5} His ways are always grievous;
Thy judgments are far above out of his sight:
 as for all his enemies, he puffeth(Heb=scoffs) at them.
{6} He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved:
for I shall never be in adversity.
{7} His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud:
 under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
{8} He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages:
 in the secret places doth he murder the innocent:
his eyes are privily(Heb=secretly) set against the poor.
{9} He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den:
he lieth in wait to catch the poor:
 he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
1 Sam 24:13a (KJV)
As saith the proverb of the ancients,
 Wickedness proceedeth(Heb=shoots forth) from the wicked:

John 3:19-21 (KJV)
ix And this is the condemnation,
 that light is come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil.
 {20} For every one that doeth evil hateth the light,
neither cometh to the light,
lest his deeds should be reproved.
{21} But he that doeth truth cometh to the light,
that his deeds may be made manifest,
 that they are wrought in God.

Job 15:20-25 (KJV)
The wicked man travaileth (labors) with pain all his days,
 and the number of years is hidden to the oppressor.
{21} A dreadful sound is in his ears:
in prosperity the destroyer shall come upon him.
 {22} He believeth not that he shall return out of darkness,
and he is waited for of the sword.
 {23} He wandereth abroad for bread, saying, Where is it?
he knoweth that the day of darkness is ready at his hand.

 {24} Trouble and anguish shall make him afraid;
they shall prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle.
{25} For he stretcheth out his hand against God,
and strengtheneth himself against the Almighty,(hardening his own heart).

Job 21:7-15 (KJV)
 Wherefore do the wicked live, become old, yea, are mighty in power?
{8} Their seed is established in their sight with them,
and their offspring before their eyes.
 {9} Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them.
{10} Their bull gendereth, and faileth not;
their cow calveth, and casteth not her calf.
{11} They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children dance.
{12} They take the timbrel and harp, and rejoice at the sound of the organ.
{13} They spend their days in wealth,
and in a moment go down to the grave.

{14} Therefore they say unto God,
Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways.
 {15} What is the Almighty, that we should serve him?
and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?

Psa 10:2-4 (KJV)
 {2} The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor:
let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
{3} For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire,
and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
{4} The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God:
God is not in all his thoughts.

What Will Happen to the Unrepentent  Wicked?

Exo 23:7b (KJV)
I will not justify the wicked.
(or Heb= I, God, will not overlook the sin of the wicked)

Job 18:5-6, 11-18 (KJV)
Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out,
and the spark of his fire shall not shine.
{6} The light shall be dark in his tabernacle {figurative of his body},
and his candle shall be put out with him {fig.=his life shall be snuffed out}...

{11} Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet.
{12} His strength shall be hungerbitten, and destruction shall be ready at his side.
{13} It shall devour the strength of his skin:
even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength.
{14} His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle,
and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
 {15} It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his:
brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.

 {16} His roots shall be dried up beneath,
and above shall his branch be cut off.
 {17} His remembrance shall perish from the earth,
 and he shall have no name in the street.
{18} He shall be driven from light into darkness,
and chased out of the world.

1 Sam 2:9-10 (KJV)
He(God) will keep the feet of his saints,
and the wicked shall be silent in darkness;
for by strength shall no man prevail.
 {10} The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces;
out of heaven shall He thunder upon them:

The LORD shall judge the ends of the earth;
and He shall give strength unto his king (Jesus Christ),
and exalt the horn(Heb=fig. "power") of his anointed.

Job 20:4-9, 26b-29 (KJV)
 Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
{5} That the triumphing of the wicked is short,
 and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
 {6} Though his excellency mount up to the heavens,
and his head reach unto the clouds;
{7} Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung:
 they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
{8} He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found:
 yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.
 {9} The eye also which saw him shall see him no more; .....

{26b} a fire not blown shall consume him;
it shall go ill with him that is left in his tabernacle(H=home).
 {27} The heaven shall reveal his iniquity;
and the earth shall rise up against him.
{28} The increase of his house shall depart,
 and his goods shall flow away in the day of his wrath.
{29} This is the portion of a wicked man from God,
and the heritage appointed unto him by God.

Job 21:30 (KJV)
...the wicked is reserved(H=in darkness) to the day of destruction?
 they shall be brought(H=led) forth to the day of wrath.

Job 27:8 (KJV)
 {8} For what is the hope of the hypocrite,
though he hath gained(Heb=by plunder),
when God taketh away his soul?

Psa 7:9-11 (KJV)
{9} Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end;
but establish the just:
for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins{H=mind}.
{10} My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
{11} God judgeth the righteous,
and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psa 9:5 (KJV)
Thou hast rebuked the heathen,
thou hast destroyed the wicked,
thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.

Psa 9:16-17 (KJV)
 {16} The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth:
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
 Higgaion. Selah.{Heb=Pause and solemnly meditate on this}.
 {17} The wicked shall be turned into hell,
 and all the nations that forget God.

Is there Escape from a life of Wickedness?

The focus of this study has been to show that Christians should not be upset or jealous of flagrant sinners and people who are hardened in their heart of wickedness. God is still in control, and we have the option and right to pray for God to deliver us from the effects of evil people, even though we may not believe it will do any good. But it will do good! If evil people are prevailing and tearing down our Christian society, God is against them. The above verses show that quite clearly.

God wants us to lead a quiet and peacable life in word and deed, and He has allowed us to take part in the remedy for evil through prayer. This is the result of His sovereignty and His graciousness, and He may be training us for what we will be doing to serve Him in eternity.

1 Tim 2:1-4 (KJV)
 I exhort therefore, that, first of all,
supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks,
be made for all men;
 {2} For kings, and for all that are in authority;
 that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
{3} For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
 {4} Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

As things get worse we need to pray the more for deliverance. We need to pray AGAINST evil men and their evil schemes at the same time we pray FOR their salvation. Because we know that God will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. However, for those who have no intention of turning to God and are instead hell-bent on evil, apparently, from the following verses, we are to engage in a different kind of prayer:

Psa 31:15-21 (KJV)
(O Lord), my times are in thy hand:
deliver me from the hand of mine enemies,
and from them that persecute me.
{16} Make thy face to shine upon thy servant:
save me for thy mercies' sake.
 {17} Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee:
let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
{18} Let the lying lips be put to silence;
which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
 {19} Oh how great is thy goodness,
which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee;
which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
{20} Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man:
 thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
 {21} Blessed be the LORD:
 for he hath showed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Psa 59:1b-5 (KJV)
Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God:
defend me from them that rise up against me.
{2} Deliver me from the workers of iniquity,
and save me from bloody men.
{3} For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul:
 the mighty are gathered against me;
 not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
{4} They run and prepare themselves without my fault:
awake to help me, and behold.
{5} Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel,
 awake to visit all the heathen:
 be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.

And yet, God is still holding out the possibility of salvation to such evil ones.

Isa 55:7 (KJV)
Let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the LORD,
and he will have mercy upon him;
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 1:16-20 (KJV)
Wash you, make you clean;
 put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes;
cease to do evil; {17} Learn to do well;
seek judgment, relieve the oppressed,
 judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

{18} Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
{19} If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
{20} But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword:
for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

God Bless you in your walk with Jesus.
In Christ...brother bob...<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS