Receiving Christ and Christian Growth

The Bible is full of wonderful assurance and promise for all who believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. But each person must accept Jesus as his or her own personal Saviour before he can claim these promises personally. How can these promises be yours? The Bible tells us that each of us must.....

RECOGNIZE that you CANNOT be saved by trying to be good, or by doing the best you can, or because you are a member of a social group or religious organization.......for God says that we are NOT saved by our good works......

(Ephesians 2:8-9)
For by grace you are saved, through faith,
 and that faith is not of yourselves...
it is the gift of God,
not of works,
lest any man should boast.

(Romans 6: 23)
The wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(Isaiah 6: 46)

  But we are all as an unclean thing,
and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
and we all do fade as a leaf;
and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

CONFESS that you can not save yourself...in fact there is nothing you can do to undo any of the sins you have already commited, or their consequences. This forgiveness must be a divine act of God, because of His mercy which He extends to us.....the Bible says...

(1 John 1:8-9)
 If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
            If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
 and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(Psalm 32:1-6 -The Living Bible)
What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven!
 What joys when sins are covered over!
What relief for those who have confessed their sins
and God has cleared their record.

            There was a time when I wouldn't admit what a sinner I was.
 But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration.
All day and all night your hand was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day,
until I finally admitted all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide them.

 I said to myself, "I will confess them to the Lord."
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
            Now I say that each believer should confess his sins to God
when he is aware of them,
while there is time to be forgiven.
 Judgment will not touch him if he does.

BELIEVE the good news that Jesus Christ, God's Son, died to pay the the penalty for your sins. He died for you and settled your debt from sin by His death on Calvary's cross. Believe the blessed news that Christ was raised from the dead, and now lives in eternity to save all those who will come to Him by faith. Believe that you now have eternal life, and that Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you

(Rom 5:6- 8)
 For when we were yet without strength,
 in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

            For scarcely for a righteous man will one die:
yet possibly for a good man some would even dare to die.

 But God demonstrates his great love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.

(John 3:36)
He that believes on the Son of God has everlasting life:
and he that believes not the Son shall not see life;
but the wrath of God remains on him.

(1 John 5:10- 13)
He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself:
he that believeth not God has made him a liar;
because he does not believe the record that God gave of his Son.

And this is the record,
 that God has given to us eternal life,
and this life is in his Son.
He that has the Son has life;
and he that does not have the Son of God does not have life.

These things have I written unto you
that believe on the name of the Son of God
that you may know that you have eternal life,
and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.

HUMBLE YOURSELF before God in prayer. Talk to God, just like you would talk to a good friend, and yet reverence Him because of the Almighty and Holy God that He is. See Him as the Creator and Lord of the universe, the sovereign King over all.... and yet He is kindly and forgiving to the person who will turn away from pride and ego and sin, and submit himself to the safekeeping of God.

(Isaiah 57:15)
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity,
whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place,
with him also that is of a bruised and humble spirit;
to revive the spirit of the humble,
and to bring life to the heart of the contrite ones.

(Isa 66:1-2)
Thus saith the LORD,
The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:
where is the house that you build unto me?
and where is the place of my rest?
 For all those things has mine hand made,
and all those things have been, saith the LORD:

but to this man will I look,
even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit,
and trembleth at my word.

CALL on Jesus Christ, Himself, to save you and to come into your soul, and to make you a new person. The christian life is not a list of do's and don'ts, of religious rituals or observances: it is rather a personal relationship between you and Jesus Christ. Jesus says....

(Rev 3:20)
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
 if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
 I will come in to him, and will sup with him,
and he with me.

The door Jesus is talking about is the entrance to your innermost being...your soul or heart..the real you. He wants to live inside your soul with you, to guide you and give you comfort for life's difficult journey, and to give you a purpose for living, where there was only confusion and aimless drifting before. Jesus is giving you the opportunity to CHOOSE to let Him be your personal Savior and your God.

(Josh 24:15-16 KJV)
 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,
 choose you this day whom ye will serve;
whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood,
or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:
 but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
{16} And the people answered and said,
God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;

(Jeremiah 29:11-14)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil,
to give you an expected end.
Then shall you call upon me,
and you shall go and pray unto me,
and I will listen and respond to you.

And you shall seek me, and find me,
when you shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you,
saith the LORD:

RELY upon God's promises in the Bible, not on your feelings or worldly teachings. Your life is new from this point forward. The old things must be thrown out and not returned to. Old sinful habits must be done away with by the power of Christ Who now lives inside you. You may never have had the power to overcome these things before, but Christ can overcome them by the Power of the Holy Spirit who lives in you now...

Old opinions and ways of thinking must be replaced by God's Words and instructions from the Bible. You must consciously choose to do things God's way when the Bible tells you that your way is wrong.

(2 Cor 5:17)
 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
 old things are passed away;
  behold, all things are become new.

(Rom 12:1-2 LIVING BIBLE)
 And so, dear brothers, I plead with you to give your bodies to God.
 Let them be a living sacrifice,
holy--the kind he can accept.
When you think of what he has done for you,
is this too much to ask?

 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world,
 but be transformed into a new and different person
as you let God's thoughts replace your old thoughts.
Then you will learn from your own experience
how His ways will really satisfy you.

TELL someone else about your decision to receive Christ, and what He has done for you. Tell your family, your friends, your co-workers or fellow students.

And plan to be baptized in your local church, as a testimony to your faith in Christ. and plan to attend a Bible-believing, Christ-centered church. Become involved in its ministries and with your new family in Christ. As Jesus said:

(Mat 28:18-20 KJV)
 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
{19} Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
 baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 {20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen.

WALK AND TALK every day in prayer and fellowship with Jesus. Someone has once described fellowship as "two fellows in the same ship". The ship is your body and soul... the two fellows are you and Jesus. You have the priviledge of sailing through the waters of life, calm or rough, with Jesus as your Captain and Navigator. He knows the way to get you to His destination safely and with maximum spiritual profit.

Talk to Him continually through the day. Ask for His strength, His guidance, His presence, for the words to speak, for the necessities of life and ministry. Praise Him continually for His care and provision.

 Jesus puts it this way...

(John 14:15-23 KJV)
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
{16} And I will pray the Father,
and he shall give you another Comforter,
 that he may abide with you for ever;
{17} Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive,
 because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
{18} I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

{19} Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more;
 but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
 {20} At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
 {21} He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
{22} Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
 {23} Jesus answered and said unto him,
 If a man love me, he will keep my words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

 May your life and your family be blessed as you decide to live for Jesus.

in Christ....brother bob.......<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS