Delight Yourself in the Lord

Delight
A high degree of pleasure, or satisfaction of mind; joy. That which gives great pleasure; that which affords delight.
Delight is a more permanent pleasure than joy, and not dependent on sudden excitement. It also has the implication in the Hebrew of making oneself "pliable", ie. allowing yourself  to be changed by the experience of delighting yourself in God.

(Psa 1 KJV)
  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 {2} But his delight is in the law of the LORD;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
 {3} And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

{4} The ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
 {5} Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
 {6} For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous:
but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

(Psa 37:4-11 KJV)
Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 {5} Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
{6} And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
 {7} Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
 because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
{8} Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
 {9} For evildoers shall be cut off:
 but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
{10} For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be:
yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
{11} But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa 104:33-34 (KJV)
 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live:
 I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
{34} My meditation of him shall be sweet:
I will be glad in the LORD.

Psa 145:17-21 (KJV)
The LORD is righteous in all his ways,
and holy in all his works.
{18} The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him,
to all that call upon him in truth.
{19} He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him:
 he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
{20} The LORD preserveth all them that love him:
 but all the wicked will he destroy.
{21} My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD:
and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

(Psa 43:3-5 KJV)
O send out thy light and thy truth:
 let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
 {4} Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy:
 yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
{5} Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me?
hope in God:
for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

(Isa 58:10-14 KJV)
And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul;
 then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:
{11} And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones:
and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
{12} And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places:
thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations;
and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
{13} If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day;
 and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable;
and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
 {14} Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD;
and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth,
and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father:
for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

1 Pet 1:3-9 (KJV)
 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
which according to his abundant mercy
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope
 by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
{4} To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled,
and that fadeth not away,
reserved in heaven for you,
{5} Who are kept by the power of God
through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
{6} Wherein ye greatly rejoice,
though now for a season, if need be,
 ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
{7} That the trial of your faith,
being much more precious than of gold that perisheth,
 though it be tried with fire,
might be found unto praise and honour and glory
at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
{8} Whom having not seen, ye love;
in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing,
ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
{9} Receiving the end of your faith,
even the salvation of your souls.

John 15:4-9 (KJV)
Abide in me, and I in you.
 As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
except it abide in the vine;
 no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
{5} I am the vine, ye are the branches:
He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing.
{6} If a man abide not in me,
he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
and men gather them, and cast them into the fire,
and they are burned.
{7} If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
{8} Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit;
 so shall ye be my disciples.
{9} As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:
continue ye in my love.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS