WHY DONT PEOPLE RESPOND WHEN I WITNESS ??
Part 2 of 2

PART 2- Our part as evangelizers-what we should do

According to Jesus in the verses we considered in Part 1, each personwe meet has a different level of spiritual preparedness at t he time we seek to witness to them. It is, therefore, up to us to pray for the wisdom to ascertain where they are, and do the correct thing to help move them along to greater spiritual growth. Here are some things we can do as our part of this process...

1) Pray for the person's salvation: According to scripture, no person can believe in Christ unless God draws them first. It is then up to us as intercessors, to pray that God would open up their heart and remove the blindness from their eyes. This is a spiritual activity which God does in answer to prayer, or as a result of His own purposes.

John 6:44
No man can come to me,
except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day...

 Psa 65:4
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest,
and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts:
we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
Job 42:7-8 (KJV)
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job,
the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite,
My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends:
for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
{8} Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams,
and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering;
and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept:
lest I deal with you after your folly,
in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right,
like my servant Job.

1 Sam 12:23
Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD
 in ceasing to pray for you:
but I will teach you the good and the right way:
{24}  Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart;
for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Col 1:9
 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it,
do not cease to pray for you,
and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will
in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
{10}  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
 being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

2) Pray that satan would be bound. One of the things you need to pray for is that God would bind Satan for you..bind Satan from blinding this person and keeping them from receiving the Light of the Gospel. According to Job chapter 1, Satan is always under the control and limitation of God the Father...he cannot do any harm unless God has first allowed it.. (this is called God's permissive will)

Job 1:8-12 (KJV)
And the LORD said unto Satan,
Hast thou considered my servant Job,
that there is none like him in the earth,
a perfect and an upright man,
one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
{9} Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
 {10} Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house,
 and about all that he hath on every side?
thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
 {11} But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath,
and he will curse thee to thy face.
{12} And the LORD said unto Satan,
Behold, all that he hath is in thy power;
only upon himself put not forth thine hand.
So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Mat 12:28
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God,
then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
{29} Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods,
except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Isa 55:8-11 (KJV)
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
{9} For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
{10} For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven,
 and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
{11} So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

3) Allow Christ to live His life through you..as a silent testimony

2 Cor 2:14-16 (KJV)
 Now thanks be unto God,
which always causeth us to triumph in Christ,
and {makes obvious} the {fragrance}  of his knowledge by us in every place.
{15} For we are unto God a sweet fragrance of Christ,
in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
 {16} To the one we are the fragrance of death unto death;
and to the other the fragrance of life unto life.
And who is sufficient for these things?

1 Pet 3:1-4 (KJV)
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;
 that, if any obey not the word,
they also may without the word be won by the behavior of the wives;
{2} While they behold your innocent behavior coupled with fear.
 {3} Whose adorning let it not be
that outward adorning of {elaborate braiding of}  the hair,
and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
{4} But let it be the hidden man of the heart,
in that which is not corruptible,
even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
which is in the sight of God of great price.

Gal 2:20
 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh
 I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 John 1:8-9 (KJV)
If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
{9} If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

4) Be an unashamed public witness to Christ

Read your Bible in a public place- you may find that you dont even have to say a word. Just sit at a table in the lunchroom or library and unashamedly study the Word. People will come up to you and want to know what you are doing and why...and there is your entrance to witness.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth,
will draw all men unto me.

1 Pet 3:15-17 (KJV)
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
{16} Having a good conscience;
 that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good behavior in Christ.
{17} For it is better, if the will of God be so,
 that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Study and learn the scriptures..Be ready to answer the questioners as Christ would, using appropriate Bible verses

Col 4:5-6 (KJV)
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without,
redeeming the time{that your life be not wasted}.
 {6} Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,
 whom the Father will send in my name,
he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.

(Please note: The Holy Spirit cannot bring scriptures back to your memory if they are not in your memory in the first place. Be willing to memorize scripture so God can use it later at the appropriate time.)

Practise hospitality and kindness and real concern for their well being. Not only to your chrsitian brothers and sisters, but also to them which need the Gospel, as a demonstration of the love of God to them. Invite them out to lunch, you pay, not expecting anything in return, then sit back and listen to their life story and problems .And offer them the help which the Savior brings.

Titus 1:7-9 (KJV)
 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God;
not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine,
no striker, not given to shameful greediness;
{8} But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, self-controlled;
 {9} Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught,
that he may be able by sound doctrine
both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers{contentious critics}.

Rom 12:9-19 (KJV)
Let love be without dissimulation.
 Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
{10} Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love;
in honour preferring one another;
{11} Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
 {12} Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
{13} Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
 {14} Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
{15} Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
{16} Be of the same mind one toward another.
Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate.
 Be not wise in your own conceits.
 {17} Recompense to no man evil for evil.
Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
{18} If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
{19} Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath:
 for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Don't be pushy...use patience and faith in God's Working

Psa 37:7-11 (KJV)
 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
{8} Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
 {9} For evildoers shall be cut off:
but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
{10} For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be:
yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
{11} But the meek shall inherit the earth;
and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa 51:10-13 (KJV)
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
 and renew a right spirit within me.
{11} Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
{12} Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit.
{13} Then will I teach transgressors thy ways;
and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Know how to explain the plan of salvation to a person. Be willing to give your own personal testimony Very good explanations of the plan of salvation may be found at the following web sites. Learn the basics, and be able to explain them to an unsaved person.

Ixtheus Ministries Homepage     http://www.execpc.com/~ixtheus

The 4 Spiritual Laws in 67 Languages     http://www.ccci.org/laws/languages.html

God's  Simple Plan of Salvation in 17 languages    http://www.missionaries.org/lifegate/gsps.html

Be prepared and willing to disciple the new convert to christian growth-
Recognize that repentance and accepting Christ, is only the first step in the Christian life. Your job is to help bring that person to maturity in Christ.

2 Tim 2:1-2 (KJV)
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
{2} And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses,
 the same commit thou to faithful men,
who shall be able to teach others also.

Eph 4:11-15 (KJV)
 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets;
 and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
{12} For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry,
 for the edifying of the body of Christ:
 {13} Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
 and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man,
 unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
{14} That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,
whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
{15} But speaking the truth in love,
may grow up into him in all things,
which is the head, even Christ:

May your life and ministry be blessed as you serve Him......
In Christ...brother bob...<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want...
Be careful to observe copyright information where appropriate...
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions, or requests for subscriptions to

Request a free copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There"

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
type the word "cancel" in the subject line of the message.
and send a "reply to author" from your email software.
God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS