Lifelong and Daily Commitment to the Lord

"If you can't find a cause to die for, you've got nothing to live for."
 (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr)

-----------------------------

(Mat 16:24-25 KJV)
 Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
 If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 {25} For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
-------------------------------

COMMITMENT
author unknown

 I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
 I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
 My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking,
 cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

 I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
 I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow,
 my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, deluded, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary,
negotiate at the table of the enemy, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up,
until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus.
I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
 And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me - my banner will be clear!

Commitment
The Webster's Dictionary gives this definition for the term, "to commit" : "The delivery of a person or thing into the care or safe-keeping of another." The Hebrew meaning of the word "commit" has the sense of rolling your burden onto another.
The Greek idea of "commit" means to place something into trust with another.

Prov 3:5-6 (KJV)
 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
{6} In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.

Psa 37:3-11 (KJV)
Trust in the LORD, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
{4} Delight thyself also in the LORD;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
{5} Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him;
and he shall bring it to pass.
 {6} And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
 and thy judgment as the noonday.
{7} Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
 {8} Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
{9} For evildoers shall be cut off:
but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
{10} For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be:
yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
 {11} But the meek shall inherit the earth;
and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa 55:22 (KJV)
 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee:
he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Prov 16:3 (KJV)
 Commit thy works unto the LORD,
 and thy thoughts shall be established.

Mat 6:24-33 (KJV)
No man can serve two masters:
 for either he will hate the one, and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
{25} Therefore I say unto you,
 Take no thought for your life,
what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink;
 nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.
Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
{26} Behold the fowls of the air:
for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns;
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.
Are ye not much better than they?
{27} Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
{28} And why take ye thought for raiment?
 Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they toil not, neither do they spin:
{29} And yet I say unto you,
That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

 {30} Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field,
which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven,
shall he not much more clothe you,
O ye of little faith?
{31} Therefore take no thought, saying,
 What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink?
or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
{32} (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
 {33} But seek ye first the kingdom of God,
and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.

Phil 4:6-9 (KJV)
Be careful{Grk=full of cares} for nothing;
 but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
 let your requests be made known unto God.
{7} And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
 shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
{8} Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
 whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,
 whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
{9} Those things, which ye have both learned, and received,
 and heard, and seen in me, do:
and the God of peace shall be with you.

1 Pet 5:5-7 (KJV)
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.
 Yea, all of you be subject one to another,
 and be clothed with humility:
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
{6} Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God,
 that he may exalt you in due time:
{7} Casting all your care upon him;
for he careth for you.

James 4:13-15 (KJV)
Go to now{=come, now}, ye that say,
To day or to morrow we will go into such a city,
 and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
{14} Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time,
and then vanisheth away.
 {15} For that ye ought to say,
 If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

1 Pet 4:19 (KJV)
Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God
commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing,
 as unto a faithful Creator.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS