Thanks, I tried the latest version and couldn't get it working. I was
getting a gthread pool error after I would try and have the client connect
to the server. I had glib2-devel installed during the compile and it found
it but was still failing. I'm guessing it just doesn't work with the
version of glib2-devel that is supplied by the CentOS 6 repo.

[root@dal1.sg1b ~]# nbd-server 10.8.0.12:1040 /root/testfile -d

** (process:4420): WARNING **: Specifying an export on the command
line no longer uses the oldstyle protocol.

(process:4420): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_thread_pool_new: assertion
`g_thread_supported ()' failed

I ended up just giving up on the latest version and was able to
compile and get 3.9.1 working.