Hello,

On 10/11/2023 16:37, Phillip Oldham wrote:
Following up on plans laid out back in our Activity Plan and Budget
2023, over the past year we've been working towards improving
ripe.net. In this new article on RIPE Labs, I give an overview of the
changes we have in mind and a sneak preview of the new design:

The previous iteration (or two?) have been plagued by things that look like links, but are not in fact links, so you can't open them in another tab. I hope this design pattern will be discontinued.

When working with a smallish number of RIPE objects, I like to open them all into separate tabs first. Then I go through the tabs and check each object for the changes required, if any, and then close them as they have been dealt with. Once I run out of tabs, I know I've covered everything, and I can sleep soundly.

The RIPE labs article talks about "fully responsive design" which to me sounds like I would need to responsively make a new search for objects after each object I've handled. This is a nightmare, as I'd inevitably/accidentally end up checking some objects several times, and at the end of the day I still couldn't be sure that I've done everything I set out to do.

My 2 cents,

--
        Aleksi Suhonen

        () ascii ribbon campaign