Neartown neighbors,
                          I just received a phone call from Officer Pate & he said that the Central One District & Central Two District PIP meetings have been merged. Also, our meeting location & meeting day have been changed as well. The meetings will now be held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at 1602 State Street (which happens to be the same location where the Citywide PIP Meetings every 2nd Tuesday each month). According to Capt. Anderson he feels that Central One & Two districts share the same issues and to cut down on having to pay police officers overtime by having two separate meetings. I'm not one of those supporters of this idea as I mentioned at the recent Neartown meeting!!! Personally, I think we have a very effective group & it definitely stand on it own as we have proven in the past. Capt. Anderson presented the proposal to the Central Two District PIP group at their meeting last week and a majority of their group feel it is a good idea. The Central One District PIP board should have had a chance to discuss this proposal  at length and then bring to a formal vote before the entire Central One PIP membership at our October meeting before making this merger official. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me privately either by e-mail or telephone. Thank you all very much for your attention & continued support.

Sincerely,
Robert Graham
Chairman
Central One District PIP