  The next combined Neartown/Montrose and Heights PIP meeting is scheduled for:

  Date: Wednesday, June 27 (the 4th Wednesday)
  Time: 7:00p.m.
  Location: Houston Police Officers Union Building, 1602 State Street

  Our meeting in June will feature Central Division'sTactical Team and will
include presentations by Lt. Spencer Coker and his Sergeants, Steve Leatherman
and Larry Mikel. Because Lt. Coker is following Capt. Anderson to Robbery
Division in July, Sergeants Leatherman and Mikel, who will remain with the
Tactical Team, will actually provide the talk and explanations, after
introductions by Lt. Coker. The Tactical Team, or 'tact' team as they are
called, is a divisional team, and is an uncontrolled group meaning they are not
to a particular activity. Rather, their assignments are based on crime activity
which has them actively involved with narcotics, vice, robbery, etc. depending
on the crime surge to which they are responding.

  The speaker's talk will be followed by a report from HPD Central Patrol, by
either Captain Arnie Anderson and/or Mark Holloway, in which they discuss
police activity in our neighborhoods over the past month.  This will be
followed by a question and answer forum.

  Please pass this information along to organization's officers & general
membership. Many thanks & Hope to see all of you tomorrow night.

  Sincerely,
  Robert Graham
  Chairman
  Central One District PIP