The biggest decision we've been waiting for -- and working towards -- is nearly
here. The METRO board is scheduled to vote this Thursday. They will choose an
alignment for the University line, and we're counting on them to choose the
Cummins option west of Main Street. Please note the REVISED SCHEDULE:

9:00 am METRO Board convenes; expect a staff report on the University line
options
~9:30 am Public Comments
~11:00 am Executive Session for legal and personnel matters, and break
2:00 pm METRO Board reconvenes to vote on University line "Locally Preferred
Alternative" alignments

We are planning to show up in numbers to help the METRO board do what we need
them to do: commit to build neighborhood-friendly rail on Richmond Avenue. If
you are able to join us, plan to arrive at METRO's downtown offices before 9:00
am.   What: METRO board vote on University light rail alignment
When: Thursday, October 16, 2007. Arrive by 9:00 am for public comments;
reconvene at 2:00 pm for board vote
Where: METRO Administration building, 1900 Main Street (adjacent to the
Downtown Transit Center and light rail station), Houston, 77002 (map).

  Please pass this information along to your organization's officers & general
membership. Thanks.

  Sincerely,
  Robert Graham