Bruce,

There are two answers to this question.
  No, you can just rate it at -48Vdc which should be good for the US but
is questionable in the EU at this point.  At -48Vdc (and even during
charging @ 60V peak), it is a SELV circuit.  Some companies label for
the charging voltages, but this should be unnecessary due to the SELV
reasons above.  (and labeling at -60V may cause you problems due to the
±% that you may be held to by some NRTL's or NRTL engineers.  They MIGHT
say you exceed the SELV range.  Why risk it?)

OR

If you want to ship to Europe, the nominal voltage can be -60Vdc.  Here
it gets tricky as charging voltages are typically 72Vdc.  Most NRTL's
testing to the new UL60950 will treat DC input voltages at these levels
as TNV-2, which is a lot better for design reasons than treating your
input circuit as a hazardous voltage circuit.

If shipping to Europe, it may also help to leave your label rating at
(range maximum) -60Vdc and evaluate for TNV-2 inputs anyway.  There may
be some loopholes to allow reduced/eliminated production line testing
(which is never a bad thing - realistically for this type of application
anyway) and you still proved your system safe at TNV-2 level DC input
voltages.  This all could depend on your NRTL of course (and possibly
your engineer within the NRTL).

I have also heard of people leaving the rating at -48Vdc and selling it
to Europe anyway.  I don't fully understand the ethics or legality
involved, but the real world input voltages are low enough that they are
unlikely enough to cause a safety issue so some European telcos will
install the -48V rated equipment anyway as long as they determine it
will work reliably in their networks.  AS A DISCLAIMER, I DO NOT
ADVOCATE THIS PATH, I just wanted to throw it in as an FYI.

Hope this helps and does not confuse the issue too much,
Dave Heald