Dave
 I appreciate your response and you may well have answered my 
question very well..Hehehhheh  Honestly there is some stuff in your 
response that I didnt understand but I've printed it out to read 
later when the morning caffiene kicks in.
.
 Just a casual observation..I am a machinist. I already have and use 
a cnc mill.I have 20 years of (hobby)electronics experience, have 
repaired hundreds of electronic circuits and built a few--but I am 
sorta lost in this project , nothing in my experience quite prepared 
me for this..Seems having computer geek in one's resume would be 
worth more than all my experience thus far.If I actually get this 
thing working I am gonna brag about it for years.Hehhehehheh
 Steven
> 
> 
> >   Hey but I got a question..Bad need an answer to this'un.I want 
to 
> > buy a breakout board but am confused by the language used to 
> describe 
> > them.
> 
> I can't speak directly to Bob's breakout board because I have never 
> used one.
> 
> What it offers is an onboard power supply and I like the PC power 
> supply.
> 
> It also offers manual movement of the axis.  Again, I never plan on 
> doing manual movement so it is not something that piques my 
interest.
> 
> since I made my own board, I just did a little research into what I 
> needed.
> 
> I'm using Geckos for one machine and a Xylotex on another and my 
own 
> super simple full step on a third.
> 
> The Gecko's have on-board optos so the output pins for those are 
not 
> isolated.  redundancy is not needed.
> 
> I also used relays for my outputs to other relays.   So, I used 
> seperate 2N222 transistors to drive DIP on-board relays.  That too 
> did not need optos.
> 
> That leaves the 5 inputs, the e-stop, home and end switches.   And 
> there I realized I'd have low voltage running next to high 
voltage.  
> Opto's are deffinatly needed.
> 
> That brought out every line from the Parallel port to an end device.
> 
> Pins 2 thru 10 are the outputs for the steppers.  non optoisolated.
> Check your Rutex drives to see if isolation is needed.
> 
> If you are running solid state relays, check those specs to see if 
> they are optically isolated.
> 
> And use some isolation for the inputs. H11AA optos are AC so you 
> don't have to worry which way you connect the wires.
> 
> I chose to use parts on hand so I brought 5 and 12 V from the PC.  
5 
> for the logic and 12 for the relays I had.
> 
> I thought about making a cheap breakout board, but it seems like it 
> would have to be about $50.00 even for a bare bones version.  
> 
> If I make another one, it will have transistors on the outputs 
> instead of relays.  Since I'm driving external relays anyway, the 
> redundancy is not worth the cost of relays.   Espically for board 
> space.
> 
> I think some has a db25 connector to a set of screw terminals with 
no 
> anything between.  That too makes a simple way to get the wires out 
> to the driver box.
> 
> I'm not sure if I answered your questions, but hope you can use 
some 
> of that informaton.
> 
> Dave





Addresses:   
FAQ:  http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html 
FILES: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO/files/
Post Messages: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Subscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  
List owner:  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Moderator:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [Moderators]  
URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO

OFF Topic POSTS:  General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:   
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have 
trouble.
http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jobshophomeshop   I consider this to be a sister site to 
the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT subjects, that are not 
allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.  DON'T POST 
IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to