I tried that this past weekend when I was trying to get the boat to slow
down a bit. The boat began to round up and rudder steerage was lost when I
attempted to counter by bearing away. Boat came back under control when
sheet and traveler were eased.
Forbes
-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. A. Hammer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 7:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: windy sailing
Does anyone have any experience in F boats of depowering downwind (sans
spinnaker) by sheeting in the main hard?
This is the beach cat trick but I've not had the guts to do it yet. Could I
reduce my float bow-stuffing/whole boat at 45 degrees experiences this way?
Oh the joys of driving an overpowered F boat!
Tony.
Yahoo! Groups Links
| Yahoo! Groups Sponsor | |
|
|
Yahoo! Groups Links
- To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/F-Boats/
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
