Our Yamaha 9.9 four stroke OB started doing a weird behavior
this year. When it is running in gear at low RPM it will
sometimes just start running weakly and then die. Changing from
forward to reverse gear at low RPM at first seems to work fine,
but will almost guarantee that the motor will go weak and die in
the next 5 to 15 seconds or so. This tends to happen when I'm
running slow anyway.....like when approaching the dock....or the
trailer. Lots of excitement then. When it does this, the motor
sounds like it is just running out of gas. This perception is
reinforced because if I pump the bulb, it will start right up
again and run fine for awhile.

At anything over an idle it will run fine for miles across the
lake. I don't believe the problem is in the idle passages or
idle carburation, because when it isn't in gear the motor idles
idle nicely for several minutes at least -..... though sometimes
it will slow down and die... Other times not...

Any ideas?

Also, it is time to replace the remote control cables and fuel
line....I'd prefer OEM. Anyone have a source for these?
           Roger L.    F28cc



Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5529720.6602079.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2372354/rand=682012292


Yahoo! Groups Links

Reply via email to