Hello,
I have been using the same GPRS technology for the past 6 months and
have found in the last 2 months the "bare spots" for reception have
greatly diminished. The coverage is getting better each day. I travel to
some remote areas for business and have found each week I get more
coverage. Over all I have been very happy with this service.
Say "Hi" to the family for us Chris.
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign
59 Traveler

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Koehn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [A/S] Re: cell phone internet (Mac)



Hi-
I'm writing you from a campsite in eastern Ohio, hooked to the net 
through a bluetooth connection to my Cingular phone.  GPRS is the phone 
protocol. Cingular supports Mac well. I get a ~56K connection. If you 
wait a while, Mac will support the new "edge" protocol, which should 
connect at ~120K. The caveat is that edge is only available in bigger 
markets, and will spread out from there. GPRS is well covered, though 
not as well as the old multi-network protocol. GPRS is becoming the 
standard; multi-network is being phased out.

Cheers,

Chris
#8638



To unsubscribe from this group, go to
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/AirstreamList/ and unsubscribe. To
suspend delivery while traveling, simply change the delivery option to
No Mail-Web only.



 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 





To unsubscribe from this group, go to http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/AirstreamList/ 
and unsubscribe. To suspend delivery while traveling, simply change the delivery 
option to No Mail-Web only.



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AirstreamList/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to