I was able to create the database using only one instance of the
BatchInserter, and am still having the error:

START x=node:main(id = "Medtr2125s0010")
  MATCH (x)-[:EXPRESSED]-(y)
WITH x,y
  MATCH (y)-[:EXPRESSED]-(g)
RETURN x.id,y.id,g.id

Where x is never a g in the second part of the statement. Is there any way
to regenerate the Relationship Store or Relationship Group Store?

I'll see if I can make this a test case and report it as a bug, unless
anyone has any other ideas.

--Joseph

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:35:05 PM UTC-5, Joseph Guhlin wrote:

> I did have that as an issue before, and it has been fixed (on the Neo4j
> side), and the index query in the query above gives the proper result.
>
> It is the relationship that seems to exist only when coming from node (x)
> in the above example, not when coming from (y) (despite not listing it as a
> directional relationship). Plus the missing several thousand relationships.
> I'm not using a relationship index as I haven't had need to.
>
> Sorry my first message wasn't more clear.
>
> Best,
> --Joseph
>

> On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:28:29 PM UTC-5, Michael Hunger wrote:
>>
>> Joseph, could it be that you write to the index only in one of the runs?
>> I thought there was an issue once where, when you didn't write to an
>> index in one run it removed the index-definition?
>>
>> Could you check that?
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Joseph Guhlin <joseph...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> JDK: 1.8
>>> Neo4j: 2.1.5 -  Embedded and then stand-alone to test the data
>>>
>>> I'm using a program to insert a large amount of data to Neo4j. Because
>>> of memory limitations and sped limitations I usually have to do this in a
>>> few batches using BatchInserter (separate commands, long after the database
>>> has shut down -- not multiple threads). I'm getting things like this:
>>>
>>> START x=node:main(id = "Medtr2125s0010")
>>>   MATCH (x)-[:EXPRESSED]-(y)
>>> WITH x,y
>>>   MATCH (y)-[:EXPRESSED]-(g)
>>> RETURN x.id,y.id,g.id
>>>
>>> Results here (copy and paste from the Web Console wasn't pretty so this
>>> is by hand):
>>> x.id: Medtr2125s0010
>>> y.id: Nodule