Thank you Michael

I am new to Neo4j and as per my knowledge "MERGE" will not partially use
existing patterns- its ALL or Nothing. that means either whole patterns
matches or whole patter created.

for example like below, I am not sure whether MERGE will be effective *??*

*One time load* (/user/home/*onetime.csv*)-
*Id, field1, field2, field3, last_modified_dt*
=== ====== ====== ======= =================
*1 abcd efgh 12 2016-01-25 09:22:03  *<-*(New entry)*
*2 mnop efgh 14 2016-01-25 09:22:04  *<-*(New entry)*

After loading the above onetime data into respective node we received the
below incremental data

*Incremental Load* (/user/home/*incremental.csv*)-
*Id, field1, field2, field3, last_modified_dt*
*2 txyz efgh 18 2016-01-27 09:48:03  <-(modified data)*
*3 hijk octu 17 **2016-01-27 09:49:00 * <-*(New entry)*

Appreciate any suggestion on this. Thanks in advance.

Pranab