Hey,

if you're new to Neo4j I recommend to check out the latest 3.0.0-M04
milestone which allows you to do both (in moderation).

CREATE INDEX ON :Location(name);

foreach (x in range(1,1000) | create (:Location
{name:"foo"+x,latitude:52.0+1000.0/x,longitude:11.0+1000.0/x}));
MATCH (x:Location)
WHERE x.name CONTAINS "foo"
AND distance(point(x),point({latitude:52.0, longitude:11.0})) < 1000000
RETURN x;