I think your memory setting is wrong.

On my desktop running with 4G heap, it can handle these numbers.

Can you make sure to check neo4j-wrapper.conf and set the HEAP size to 12 or 16G

dbms.memory.heap.max_size=16000

By default the JVM only take 1G or so of heap.

> Am 01.06.2016 um 02:30 schrieb Joseph Wu <jjd...@hotmail.com>:
>
> I install Neo4j 3.0 community version on my Desktop with 32GB of memory.
> I think it can handle billion of Nodes.
> I have a graph have about 22M nodes.
>
> I ran
> Match(w:WeatherEvent)-[r]->(p:ZIP) Return Count(r)
> and got 21180753
>
> I ran
> Match(w:WeatherEvent)-[r]->(p:ZIP) delete r
> and got GC overhead limit exceeded

-> this is because the transaction state that keeps those 22M deletes outgrows
your available memory.

> I ran
> Match(w:WeatherEvent)-[r]->(p:ZIP) with r Limit 1000000 delete r
> and got GC overhead limit exceeded
>
> I ran
> Match(w:WeatherEvent)-[r]->(p:ZIP) with r Limit 100000 delete r
> and got still GC overhead limit exceeded
>
> I ran
> Match(w:WeatherEvent)-[r]->(p:ZIP) with r Limit 10000 delete r
> and got still GC overhead limit exceeded
>
> I see neo4j-ce.exe use about 9GB of memory from Resource Monitor.
>

> and I do change neo4j-community.vmoptions to -Xmx16384m and restart
> neo4j-ce.exe still just use 9GB of Ram

-> did you try to re-run your statement after your change?
I don't have windows, so I can't check that configuration change.

Michael