Just quickly.

You can either use labels like :Band, :Artist

And if you know that you have a band you can still create MEMBER_OF
relationships between the individual and the bands.

There are some other projects in this area, like the musicbrainz -> neo4j
 or lastfm import

Or startups like musimap or mediahound that manage the worlds music and
media in Neo4j

Michael