Hi all,

My friend and I have spent the last couple of weeks working on a project
comparing domain specific graph databases to more general RDBMS as well as
new research/publications.
We have just open sourced this project  (Git link here
<https://github.com/Alnaimi-/database-benchmark>) to both churn up some
discussion and to see if we can attract more people to our cause. The three
frameworks currently implemented include Vertica
<https://my.vertica.com/docs/7.2.x/HTML/>, SQLgraph
<http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//pubs/archive/43287.pdf>
 and
of course Neo4J.

As a shortened version of our readme: We generated social network graphs
using the LDBC datagen <https://github.com/ldbc/ldbc_snb_datagen> varying
from 1GB up to 100GB and ran standard queries (mainly consisting of graph
traversals) to see how the above frameworks compared. We tuned these to the
best of our ability (fully documented in the sub directories) and present
the results in a fully interactive GUI (written in R). We have had
some fascinating results especially when utilising Neo4j for large graph
traversals -[1..5]-> etc.

As we are not experts in these frameworks, we are very interested in
finding anyone who can scrutinise our implementations and suggest
improvements at any level. It would also be great if someone wanted to
extend this to compare other works.

In short, if you have a couple of minutes and are interested in this sort
of thing, it would be great if you could check it out. Any feedback would
be great.

All the best,
Ben and Alhamza